We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chicago to Hawaii flights, anyone taken the straight...

Florida
Level Contributor
3,216 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
Chicago to Hawaii flights, anyone taken the straight...

Noticed someone asked about the Chicago/Hawaii flight on American.

How is the United flight? Movies, food etc.

I know this will be longer than most flights to Europe.

dekalb il
Level Contributor
99 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chicago to Hawaii flights, anyone taken the straight...

we flew in dec. on united to hawaii on a straight through flight from ohare. the flight was actually wonderful. it took around 8.5 hours but we didn't have to worry about connecting flights or waiting around in some other airport. they do not serve free food any longer but have food for purchase. i think they came around twice with sodas and juice other times with water. there were two movies along the flight and other short programs.

the next time we fly to hawaii it will be the same type of flight. the difference in going straight through or waiting for connecting flights was tremendous.

also i seem to remember that uniteds straight thrugh flight is shorter than americans, bigger plane faster flight.

Florida
Level Contributor
3,216 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chicago to Hawaii flights, anyone taken the straight...

Thanks for the info. We are on the overnight flight back to Ohare getting in on a Monday at 5:30am. We live in Milwaukee and will be having a driver take us to and from Milwaukee so we don't have that hassle.

Lisburn, United...
Level Contributor
627 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Chicago to Hawaii flights, anyone taken the straight...

I have flown with United on a number of occasions to Hawaii from London (UK) via San Francisco. I have always found their flights comfortable, with reasonable food and good movies. Overall, I prefer their service to any of the other American Airlines that I have flown with. I look forward to my next flight in 8 weeks time.

Regards

John.

Mentioned in this post
San Francisco
San Francisco
California
4. Re: Chicago to Hawaii flights, anyone taken the straight...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 pm, May 15, 2009