We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hula Lessons at Hotel

Level Contributor
29 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Hula Lessons at Hotel

Ok, my 8 year old daughter voted that the ONLY thing she wants to do while on Oahu is take Hula Lessons. I have read that hotels offer them, but have trouble finding exactly when these lessons are offered and how good they are and the duration of them. Any input on days of the week that they are offered and where? We are deciding upon hotels now and belive it or not, this will be a factor! We will be at the North Shore for a few nights and then in WAikiki for other nights, so I have to time the lessons to coincide with the days of the week we are there. (I have tried to post this before, so please excuse any double posts). (If a hotel with hula lessons also has pool side food/drink service, surfing lessons, ocean view and the canoe boat ride, I am there!!!) Thank you!!!

Mahina Hawaii
Scuba & Snorkeling, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing
Ohana Surf Project
Stand-Up Paddleboarding, Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing, Sports Camps & Clinics
North Shore Surf Girls - Surf School
Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing, Stand-Up Paddleboarding
Polu Lani Surf Lessons & Adventures
Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing
kohala coast, hawaii
Level Contributor
1,418 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hula Lessons at Hotel

aloha h- if the hotels you select have a concierge, call the concierge and ask for their activities schedules - they can mail or fax the schedule to you, or read it to you by phone. if there is no concierge, then the reservations or front desk should be able to do this for you. typically the hula lesson is 45 mins- 1 hr and covers the basics. quality of lesson will obviously vary on the calibre of the instructor. the hotel should be able to tell you where the hula lessons will be held, and if there are alcoholic beverages (hopefully supersized) nearby.

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
1,343 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hula Lessons at Hotel

here ya go

The Honolulu Star-Bulletin and The Honolulu Advertiser

�� Hula festivals, keiki (children) hula shows

�� Surf and canoe and windsurfing races

�� Hawaiian song and musician contests

�� Art shows, craft fairs

�� Orchid and anthurium shows

�� Cultural festivals of Hawai��i, Portugal, Italy, France, Japan, China, Korea, Okinawa, Samoa, Tonga, American Indian.

Really special events...

Click here for our Calendar of Events!

Kapahulu Center, 737-1748

Ala Wai Golf Course Clubhouse, 733-7380

Hula Lessons

Aunty Pala, Paki Hale at Kapi��olani Park, 808 947-4180

this site more closer to Diamonhead side.

the place is awesome attended many events there is why

Pua Keala, on the 3rd floor at Royal Hawaiian Shopping Center, 808 922-0588 also can see lei making etc

this one is closer to international marketplace

the Outrigger Waikiki on the Beach and Sheratons very close

by like next door kine or so

good your Daughter for wanting to learn HULA

and welcome to HAWAI'I

Level Contributor
29 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hula Lessons at Hotel

Thank you both for the posts! Great info!

Anyone out there stayed at a beachfront hotel that offers the lessons and what is input? I'd hate to register at hotel based on hula and find it was a big disappointment (to my girl).

I love the list of where we can find the lessons off-site and did not even think to contact the conceierge/registration area of the hotels we are considering! Great ideas ... thank you! Keep um comin'! :)

Follow this conversation!
Get notified when a new reply comes in.
Follow now