We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Specific Shopping Question - Waikiki Honolulu

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
319 posts
143 reviews
Save Topic
Specific Shopping Question - Waikiki Honolulu

I have been asked by my sons to bring home some shoes from the outlets. Specifically Nike Air Max 90's and Vans Herringbone Era's. To save my legs and hours of looking through shoe stores (which could be better spent on the beach), can someone advise me on where I would find these two types of shoe?

Mentioned in this post
Herringbone
Herringbone
108 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
57,956 posts
431 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Specific Shopping Question - Waikiki Honolulu

Go to the Waikele Premium Outlet Center.

premiumoutlets.com/outlets/store_listing.asp…

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
47,304 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Specific Shopping Question - Waikiki Honolulu

www.nike.com/nikeos/p/nike/language_select/

OK, this may be the worst idea in the world ... but where are you staying? If they are that specific, order what you want from Zappos, and have them ship to your hotel for you. You can literally chew up your entire vacation by runnign around looking for things on your shopping list.

The Ala Moana Shopping Center will be a must for you as well.

I swear, I should open a Honolulu shopping service for Aussies.

Edited: 1:14 pm, March 30, 2011
Mentioned in this post
Ala Moana Hotel
Ala Moana Hotel
3,757 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Honolulu
Honolulu
Oahu, HI
Calgary
Level Contributor
1,358 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Specific Shopping Question - Waikiki Honolulu

Holy crap....

I've been reading many times how Aussies shop like crazy in HI, with this specific question I had to find out the details....

$190AUD for Nike Air Max 90's ( as per Footlocker.com.au )

and $75USD for the same shoe!! ( as per Nike.com )

& OZ is closer to where they're manufactured! WTF?!

y'all should load up!!

it looks like the AUD is worth more than the USD now too ( like CAD )

WooHoo!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
319 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Specific Shopping Question - Waikiki Honolulu

Scott, thanks for the link. I found Vans but not Nike. Also signed up for their VIP

Betty Lou, I'll be the first subscriber to your shopping service, where do I sign up? I'll investigate zappos. My wife may disagree but yes, I don't want to spend our entire time shopping. Give me Mai Tai's by the beach instead.

Troy, woohoo indeed! Aussie dollar is over US$1.03 if nikes are only $75 normally I expect the outlets will be even cheaper. gunna get me some of those greenbacks on the weekend. I'm thinking of it like a catch and release program. I'll pick them up in Sydney and return them home to Hawaii.

Edited: 8:23 pm, March 30, 2011
Mentioned in this post
Hawaii
Hawaii
United States
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
240 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Specific Shopping Question - Waikiki Honolulu

hahaha...agree - the prices of pretty much everything is more expensive in Aus than it is in the US, that's why us Aussies are so shopping mad when we go to the states. Think its to do with the whole supply and demand thing. Hubby and I are taking a whole empty suitcase with us in May so we can bring back all the stuff my sport-crazy kids are into - lucky HA let us take 2 checked in suitcases each :D

SoCal
Level Contributor
5,660 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Specific Shopping Question - Waikiki Honolulu

One tip for those who shop a lot, Walmart in Waikiki sells a good sized duffel for $14.

Mentioned in this post
Waikiki
Waikiki
Oahu, HI
Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
57,956 posts
431 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Specific Shopping Question - Waikiki Honolulu

Brian, the Famous Footwear Outlet at Waikele carries Nike. I can't say they will have the specific one you want in the size you want it, but it is where I would start my shopping quest in Honolulu.

Mentioned in this post
Honolulu
Honolulu
Oahu, HI
Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
11,340 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Specific Shopping Question - Waikiki Honolulu

There is no Wal Mart in Waikiki.....

It is located on Keeaumoku Street, one block inland from the center-rear of Ala Moana Shopping Center, about 1.5 miles from the middle of Waikiki.

Technically, the area is called "Pawaa".

Our international visiors should check it out. A bit of Americana in the middle of the ocean. Huge, cheap, everything made in China.

And if you are in the neighborhood, stop by Don Quijote a Japanese-based store similar to Wal Mart (but "Mo Bettah").

Edited: 11:11 am, March 31, 2011
Mentioned in this post
Waikiki
Waikiki
Oahu, HI
Ala Moana Hotel
Ala Moana Hotel
3,757 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Don Quijote
Don Quijote
500 Reviews
Oahu, HI
California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
47,304 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Specific Shopping Question - Waikiki Honolulu

There's a Famous Footwear in the Ward Center as well - if you don't want to go all the way out to Waikele.

10. Re: Specific Shopping Question - Waikiki Honolulu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:19 am, October 25, 2012