We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Souvenirs....

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
380 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Souvenirs....

What souvenirs does everyone bring back for family and friends? We sort of got into the rut (although a deliucious one) of coffee and mac nuts....what do others like...and what about gifts for the keikis?

LYON, France
Level Contributor
89 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Souvenirs....

Other question : have you any advice on shops where we can buy souvenirs (nice things, good quality and not only tourist stuff) ?

Elk Rapids, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Lanai
Level Contributor
9,522 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Souvenirs....

For the 5 grand kids we generally go the t-shirt route. Toss in a puka necklace and a koa pen.

We get the grown up kids a Christmas ornament with a Hawaii theme.

Co - workers get a box of chocolate covered macadimias.

For Uhu69, I am not sure what sort of gift you have in mind. Perhaps something like a good quality aloha shirt maybe?

Edited: 8:23 am, August 05, 2010
LYON, France
Level Contributor
89 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Souvenirs....

Yes, that's it : good quality shirts, or good food....

new jersey
Level Contributor
1,604 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Souvenirs....

Ditto to everything that Brighton mentioned....

Let me add the Honolulu Cookie Company. They have a great little "sampler" box where you can pick your fave flavors... all in an adorable box. I think you had mentioned you were staying at the HHV. There is a Honolulu Cookie Company right at the village.

Also, we did beach towels one year... that was a BIG hit!!!

Aloha :)

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
380 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Souvenirs....

I like the stores along Beachwalk...forgot the name...Mana something...nice quality Hawaiaan made things at times. For touristy things..Walmart probably has the best prices.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
380 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Souvenirs....

THANKS! love the beach towel idea...everyone can always use another towel. ;0)

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
380 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Souvenirs....

THANKS! great idea with the Christmas ornaments...and love the t-shirts and puka necklaces for the little ones...our 10 year old picks out her own souvenirs throughout the trip as she'll be with us....mahalo

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
380 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Souvenirs....

;0) I'll have to put those cookies in the locked, checked suitcase or they won't make it to the receiver...They are all scrumptious..we had them last time at the Ala Moana Mall...great, now they'll be at our hotel....YUMMY!

Elk Rapids, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Lanai
Level Contributor
9,522 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Souvenirs....

For beach towels, t-shirts etc check out any ABC store, they have tons.

If you get more stuff than you can haul home, go to the post office and get one of those boxes that are a flat rate no matter what it weighs to send the stuff home.

Edited: 10:55 am, August 05, 2010
Illinois
Level Contributor
385 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Souvenirs....

I always bring home a pajama t-shirt.My other favorite things to bring home are wood carvings, Photo albums with the name of the Island that I am on, and a calendar for the next year so that I can be reminded of my trip every time I look at it.I always bring back something that an Island or place is known for. When in Mexico I bring back there wonderful vanilla. When in Jamaica,it's there Rum Cream.Hawaii for me was there delicious Pineapple.