We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parasailing

Wisconsin/Illinois...
Level Contributor
167 posts
Save Topic
Parasailing

I heard this isn't safe... someone said they saw someone splat on the ground in Mexico doing this.

Can you tell of your experiences???

Thanks

Stephanie

Columbia, South...
Level Contributor
1,143 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parasailing

I parasailed in Maui and never felt unsafe one moment. I went with UFO who has the boats with the hydraulics that release and pull in your line so you're never actually in the water, nor do you have to take a running start off the ground. All you have to do is just sit there, absolutely no work involved. My grandmother could do it!

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
1,570 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parasailing

There's a big difference between Mexico and Hawaii. Remember, it's still the US so if a company isn't safe they'd be sued out of business. I did this on Oahu with my husband and the most dangerous part was getting from the rubber raft onto the parasailing boat since the water was slightly choppy (the company we used basically had the parasailing boat sitting out in the bay the whole time and shuttled customers to it using rafts).

Wisconsin/Illinois...
Level Contributor
167 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Parasailing

Thanks!

Is it pretty scary or just thrilling?

Wisconsin/Illinois...
Level Contributor
167 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Parasailing

Where is this UFO company located?

sounds ideal :-)

PA/USA
Level Contributor
144 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Parasailing

We are using West Maui Parasail which is out of Lahaina in Maui. I believe UFO is also out of Lahaina Harbor. Both are close to the same prices and go around the same heighth. I am sorta scared of heights but for some reason I am determined to do this. http://www.maui.net/~parasail/wmp/frames.htm

http://www.ufoparasail.net/ I know there is also some companys in Oahu too.

Wisconsin/Illinois...
Level Contributor
167 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Parasailing

Thanks I will check out the website.

I don't like heights either!!! but I have heard this is similar to the effect of flying?!

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
1,570 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Parasailing

tissie11, I'm not great with heights either, but I was fine. It's actually quite relaxing.

Wisconsin/Illinois...
Level Contributor
167 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Parasailing

I went to UFO's website and they don't show having an boats in Oahu! :-(

Any other recommendations?

Wisconsin/Illinois...
Level Contributor
167 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Parasailing

http://www.top-10-hosting.com/~parasail/about.php?PHPSESSID=91d8b14272ec01938e1142517acb9f0c

I assume this is a similar boat with hydrolics? You take off and land on the boat.

EP
Orange Park, FL
Level Contributor
39 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Parasailing

We parasailed in Oahu a few years ago.

I was white-knuckled for the first few minutes. Then when it appeared that I was not, in fact, going to die, I just relaxed and enjoyed the heck out of it!

Also parasailed in Maui last month. even tho I had parasailed previously, I found that I was still nervous at first. But, didn't die then, either, and enjoyed it very much!