We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maili Cove Condominiums??

Texas
Level Contributor
99 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Maili Cove Condominiums??

It's me again ;-)

Does anyone have any experience or input on the Maili Cove Condominiums located on the Leeward Coast? Is this a good, safe part of the island? We've always stayed in the Waikiki area and are open to staying somewhere else.

We're trying to leave no stone unturned. We are giving our brother this trip (and we're coming along too) .. it will be his first time to Hawaii and will be his first vacation in about 23 years (he cared many years for a sick wife).

Your input would be most appreciated!!

Mahalo ~ Laura

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
27,362 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Maili Cove Condominiums??

Leeward coast has a lot of homeless camps & lots of car break-ins at the beaches.

You'd be better off staying in Kailua/Lanikai area or North Shore.

lots of condos & beach houses on:

www.vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/usa/hawaii/oahu

Texas
Level Contributor
99 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Maili Cove Condominiums??

I remember our last trip we went up one of the coasts and saw miles of squatters and tents .. I guess that is the Leeward side, huh?? It was so sad because two years before that we went up the same coast and it was so beautiful.

Thanks for the info .. we'll scratch the Maili Cove Condo's (and that side of the island) off of our list of possibilities.

3. Re: Maili Cove Condominiums??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:18 pm, October 19, 2009