We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

good, cheap scuba for beginners

nyc
1 post
Save Topic
good, cheap scuba for beginners

What are the best diving companies on Oahu for 2 not-very-wealthy beginning scuba-ers? as cheap as possible , but also the best dives possible.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
6 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: good, cheap scuba for beginners

I was certified in Hawaii many years ago. It was great - but it did take four days. I've seen a lot of great deals in the Entertainment book. Check out the on-line version, as they do have some 2 for 1 boat driving trips. The book will cost you around $25 clams, and I think shipping is free. It's wonderful down there ~ enjoy!

Annapolis, MD
Level Contributor
76 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: good, cheap scuba for beginners

My daughter just dived with Aloha Dive on 7-18-05, they will pick you up and drop you off at hotel, they are about 10 minutes from Waikikik near Hanamaua Bay, she loved it, this was her first ocean dive, two tanks, two locations, p/u and d/o $100.00 We didnt see any coupons for this company but is was listed in AAA tour book. Great Experience. Any questions just let me know.

Whistler
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: good, cheap scuba for beginners

I am going to Oahu in 2weeks time. I have already done my open water dive course and I am looking to do my advanced course. Which dive school did you end up using?

Alhambra, California
Level Contributor
1,440 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: good, cheap scuba for beginners

hello lescas, how old is your daugther? and did she do this on her own?the reason i'm asking is because i'm not a swimmer and i respect the ocean very much (in other words, i'm afraid)and my son is just dieing to learn how to scuba dive. he is 14 yrs old and i dont know if an adult would have to go in with him or not.