We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

breakfast orientation

New Jersey
Level Contributor
69 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
breakfast orientation

Has anyone gone to the free breakfast orientation when booked on expedia? If so, is it worth going to?

North Dakota
Level Contributor
602 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: breakfast orientation

Have you been to Hawaii before? Or Oahu? Most of these breakfasts are OK but they really push their excursions which I found to be overpriced for the most part (at least at Pleasant Holidays one). I can think of better things to do but if you need an orientation of what there is to do on the island and you don't learn that before you leave, you might enjoy it.

laguna niguel, ca
Level Contributor
7,324 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: breakfast orientation

last time I went was 25 years ago on pleasant hawaiian. You get a small piece of pineapple, some cocoanut cake, a small coffee and a sales pitch for the excursions. I would assume their prices are not the best. Spend the $10 and have a nice breakfast at the hula grill.

Palm Springs...
Level Contributor
11,440 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: breakfast orientation

you know how they catch fish in Hawaii they use bait.

Expedia catches suckers by using "orientatons"... that are fronts for timeshare sales... we can get you a hot deal..all you have to do is sign up for this special vacation presentation.. wont last more than 2 hours, and oh by the way dont schedule anything for 2 hours after that as well .... just give me your cred cars and sign this littel contract, er, promise to show up for your private tour.....

savor you cup of coffee, your glass of Pog juice and you 1/4 muffin.......yummm yoummm... free breakfast.. what a deal; what a great way to spend 1/2 a day of your vacation.....

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
45,244 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: breakfast orientation

Do a search. There was another post a couple months ago ... and the poster really liked the presentaion enough to put a comment on TA.

But as others have said ... if you have a handle on things, skip it. Or talk with your hotel staff or concierge at your convenience. Expedia wants to sell you stuff!

Palm Springs...
Level Contributor
11,440 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: breakfast orientation

catch 22.........

the hotels that offer the orientation use expedia sales agents as their concieriges..... they are neither fair or impartial, and work on comission... hence they will try to steer you to whats good for them not you..... have personal knowlwdge of how they work... You will be talking to the same folks that do the presentations.... what a coincidence!!!

its not hard th figure out what to do... almost every hotel...marriotts, Hilton, Sheaton, Ritz Carlton are all into time shares.... and the concerges there and the activity booths around town are fishing holes for lambs to slaughter... same on all islands.

Napa, CA
Level Contributor
84 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: breakfast orientation

I second everyone elses opinion - they are not worth your time, and definitely not worth your money!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
69 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: breakfast orientation

Thanks everyone for your help.I will not be going....

8. Re: breakfast orientation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, October 07, 2009