We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report!

Az
Level Contributor
241 posts
100 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report!

After a rough start(Had booked with ATA originally) We flew out Friday morning the 11th of April from Phx on Hawaiian airlines. Traveling with my husband and 20 month yr old boy. Flight was very smooth, baby did amazingly well, kept busy with lots of new toys..landed at 11:25 am and were gretted by ABC limo's with 3 beautiful leis and choc macadamia nuts! Got to our hotel(Waikiki Beach Marriott-will review seperately) around 1230 and low and behold our room was ready. Perfect almost oceanfront view..stunning. We unpacked and then took off to the beach to just get our feet wet and introduce the ocean to the baby. He liked it very much. Had some Burger King for dinner( i know not too creative but we were tired and it was right there!) Watched the fireworks from our lanai and passed out.

Saturday- walked down to Zoo, was a bit dissapointed as alot of the animals were not visable. Played at beach alot. Ate dinner against my better judgement as hubby had to eat there..Cheeseburger in Paradise. All the reviews are correct on this, it is super over priced for what you get for sure.

Sunday- Walked down to the Waikiki Aquarium in the morning. Was a very nice place to see and the walk was beautiful! Spent the afternoon playing in the sand and ocean(we hung out at Kuhio beach across from our hotel as there is a break wall and perfect for little ones, and big ones too!!:) )

Monday-Took tour bus to Pearl Harbor, had a bit of a wait, not bad though, mostly because we got there at like 7 and it doesnt even open til 730. Returned to hotel around 11, rested then we went to the Royal Hawaiian Luau in the evening. It was a very nice luau, I had been already to Paradise Cove years back and that one was great too, Royal Hawaiian is just a very much more scaled back, more intimate setting luau at the beautiful "Pink Palace"

Tuesday- rented a car, headed up towards the North Shore with a stop at Dole Plantation. Neat to see, only rode the train and had our "Dole Whips" YUMMY!

Drove around the north shore stopping to take photos along the way. Came back down the Pali Hwy to stop at the lookout and everyone, you simply must see this view!! It is stunning, very windy though, I had to take the baby back down to the car pretty quick as the wind was unbelievably hard! But amazing view! Came back to hotel and had dinner at the Moana Terrace right at the hotel. Meal was ok.

Wed- I woke up with either food poisoning or stomach flu so fortunatley we had nothing planned for today so I pretty much layed in bead and enjoyed the ocean view from the bed!!

Thurs- Felt TONS better, thankfully, as we had tour to Hanauma Bay scheduled. Went as planned and had a beautiful day, taking turns snorkeling and playing with the baby..well my version of snorkeling was on a boogie board with a viewing window! I am a big chicken!

Friday: last day, just finished up our shopping, walked down to International Marketplace, not that exciting, alot of the same vendors over and over and things are still cheaper at ABC stores( I could write a whole review on ABC stores, they ROCK!!) Played in the ocean all afternoon and had a very nice dinner at Tiki's Grill, nad saw beautiful sunset from there. Watched the fireworks again from Lanai.

Sat. Were picked up again from ABC limo's to airport,(ABC limo by the way was a great service, I recomend them!) on the way to the airport the driver/owner Mr. Kim found out that our flight was going to be delayed about 4 hours, it was unfortunate as I had just confirmed earlier everything was on schedule with the airlines. Needless to say, our flight actually left 6 HOURS late, so we spent all of saturday at the airport with the baby, not a great way to end our trip but it went ok, Hawaiian Air gave everyone food vouchers and airline vouchers for a future trip, and to top off the whole trip, when the plane landed that we were to get on to go to the mainland, off walked Dog the Bounty hunter and his wife, my hubby is a big fan and all through the trip kept saying how he didnt get to see "Dog" well he finally got to see him at the airport! Lol

All in all was a great trip..wouldnt of changed a thing with the exception of being completely sick for a whole day...thanks again to everyone who had given me tips, I remembered most of them and did about all of them!! I cant wait to go back again someday!!!

Mentioned in this post
Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort & Spa
Waikiki Beach Marriott...
1,335 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Cheeseburger In Paradise
Cheeseburger In Paradise
3,065 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Waikiki Aquarium
Waikiki Aquarium
1,606 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Kuhio Beach
Kuhio Beach
496 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Pearl Harbor Tours
Pearl Harbor Tours
166 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Paradise Cove Beach
Paradise Cove Beach
324 Reviews
Oahu, HI
North Shore
North Shore
1,054 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Dole Plantation
Dole Plantation
5,032 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Moana Terrace
Moana Terrace
365 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Hanauma Bay Tours
Hanauma Bay Tours
1,207 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Tiki's Grill & Bar
Tiki's Grill & Bar
3,967 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Lanai
Lanai
Hawaii
laguna niguel, ca
Level Contributor
7,561 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report!

Good paced trip, I cringe at some of the schedules I read, sounds fun and not over done.

The $1,000,000 question, are you glad you brought the 20 monther, was the peace of mind worth it, or would have grandma been better.

Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
4,420 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report!

Sorry you got sick. Thanks for the trip report. Glad you enjoyed Waikiki.

Mentioned in this post
Waikiki
Waikiki
Oahu, HI
Az
Level Contributor
241 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Report!

Longboard..yes I am glad we brought him, some of it was a bit hectic for him, but he would just fall asleep and was good. It was truly a joy though watching him have fun, just as we all did in Hawaii and I think had we left him with gramma..we would of wished he was with us!!

Mentioned in this post
Hawaii
Hawaii
United States
Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
28,550 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Report!

Nice trip report.

Alabama
Level Contributor
69 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip Report!

Thanks for your trip report. It caught my attention because my wife and I will be staying at the Waikiki Marriott in May.

Will you give me some info about the hotel, please? 1. What are some of the shops in their shopping arcade?

2. How did you find the service?

3. Did you find the location of the hotel convenient for walking to restaurants?

4. How were the room and hotel amenities?

5. Were the rooms clean, up-to-date?

6. What else might you like to say about the hotel that might be of interest to us?

Thanks!

Alabama Travelers

(Gary Hardin - garyhardin@tds.net)

Mentioned in this post
Waikiki
Waikiki
Oahu, HI
Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
247 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip Report!

butterflyy2000, enjoyed reading your trip report. I have a question about the snorkeling/boogie board. My husband and son have their own snorkel gear, but my daughter and I are also big chickens. Where did you get the board? Could you rent it right there at Hanauma Bay?

Thanks for the info.

Mentioned in this post
Hanauma Bay Tours
Hanauma Bay Tours
1,207 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Az
Level Contributor
241 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip Report!

Alabama travelers, sent you a msg through trip advisor with the details you asked for, let me know if you got it ok! Have a great trip!

Az
Level Contributor
241 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip Report!

I got the viewing board at this rental place at Koko Marina Center, we had booked our trip through Outrigger Activities and they stop here, regular snorkel equipment was included in the tour price, but I upgraded to the viewing board for only 5.00. I am not sure if they had them for rent at the Bay. It was a great way to see underwater without going under!

ri
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Trip Report!

butterfly2000

We are also staying at the Marriott in June-with two teenage daughters. I have been trying to locate the telephone number for ABC limos-would you have it?

I'd like to surprise my girls with a limo ride and lei's.

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
28,550 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Trip Report!

ABC Limo:

http://abclimosvc.com/

Phone # on bottom of page