We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Glass Bottomed Boats

Eastern U.S.A.
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Glass Bottomed Boats

Can anybody recommend (or give any info about, good or bad) any companies giving glass bottomed boat tours in Oahu? I can't find any info in any of the tourbooks about this topic.

Oceanus Divers
Scuba & Snorkeling, Shark Diving, Swim with Dolphins, Boat Tours
Dolphin Star (Hoku Nai'a)
Boat Tours, Dolphin & Whale Watching, Scuba & Snorkeling
Wild Side Specialty Tours
Boat Tours, Dolphin & Whale Watching, Scuba & Snorkeling, Swim with Dolphins, Nature & Wildlife Tours
EO Wai'anae Tours
Swim with Dolphins, Boat Tours, Scuba & Snorkeling, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Dolphin & Whale Watching
Kent, WA
Level Contributor
372 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Glass Bottomed Boats

I found this on Google

alohatopten.com/activities/…

There may be more.

HarryHarry

Hawaii
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Glass Bottomed Boats

It's been years since I've been on one, so I don't know how much has changed since then. I was very dissapointed the two times that I went on these boats. One was out on the Winward side and the other was in Honolulu. The water was murky, making the view decent but not great. I didn't see any fish that the aquarium or Hanauma Bay didn't have either. Maybe my expectations were too high? If you could find a company that ran tours in less populated locations that featured clean water, then I bet the glass bottomed boat would be spectacular!

But if you can't find something in clear water, if I were you, I would save my money and go to the aquarium or snorkling out at Shark's Cove on the North Shore. There is one thing that was great about the glass bottom boat - the view of Honolulu! I've lived here all my life and I still get a kick out of seeing the city from far out on the water.

Mentioned in this post
Honolulu
Honolulu
Oahu, HI
North Shore
North Shore
1,017 Reviews
Oahu, HI