We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honolulu Airport Baggage Storage Service Opens

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
26,191 posts
Save Topic
Honolulu Airport Baggage Storage Service Opens

Baggage storage service opens

Tourists who wanted to leave their luggage at Honolulu Airport during a layover or a neighbor island trip have been out of luck since Sept. 11, 2001, when security concerns shut down the baggage storage facility.

But starting this month, Honolulu Baggage Storage will pick up and store bags for a fee for visitors at the airport, Honolulu Harbor's cruise terminals and Waikiki hotels. The bags will be stored elsewhere and delivered as needed.

"We have had all these requests from people desperate for a place to leave their luggage," said Hector Euredjian, general manager of Honolulu Baggage Storage, a subsidiary of Discount Hotels Hawaii. "They would rent a room by the airport just to leave their luggage."

The service may be reached through the Travelers Information Center's courtesy phones in baggage claim areas, by calling (808) 447-9096 or visiting www.honolulubaggagestorage.com.

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
26,191 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Honolulu Airport Baggage Storage Service Opens

I called the company up that will be running this.

These are additional comments:

The service will be available from 8am - 6pm.

The warehouse is on Ahua Street about 2 miles from the airport.

There will be pick up & delivery at least once per hour.

You can also go to the warehouse to drop off or pick up your baggage. But the warehouse may be locked, so you would have to call first to make sure someone is there.

I forgot to ask about the cost.

I also forgot to ask about airport delivery & pick up points.

Toowoomba, Australia
Level Contributor
809 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honolulu Airport Baggage Storage Service Opens

Great info Dusty.....Thanks :-)

It sounds like it will be good for those layover stops etc.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
1,359 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Honolulu Airport Baggage Storage Service Opens

Minimum charge: $25.00 (cash or travellers check only). Includes up to 4 pieces of regular size luggage, airport pick up and drop off, for a period of up to 24 hours, during business hours.

If baggage is picked up at Waikiki Hotels please ad $5 for the first 24 hours.

Extra piece of luggage: $5.00 per piece.

Extra 24 hour period or fraction after the first day: $5.00 per bag per day or fraction of a day.

* 1 to 6 days: $5 per bag per day or fraction of a day.

* 7 or more days: $4 per bag per day or fraction of a day.

* 30 or more days: $3 per bag per day or fraction of a day.

Valuables: All valuables must be removed from your luggage.

Storage of larger valuables such as computers, cameras, etc, is available at $25.00 per day, must be worth no more than $1000.00 and must be declared beforehand.

After hours delivery: ad $35.00

Oversize item: ad $15 per item per day to the minimum charge.

Note: please be advised that oversize items must be able to be handled by a single operator and is conditional to the available space in our vans.

If you have any questions please call us at 808-447-9096 or email us at honbaggagestorage@att.net.

Chicagoland
Level Contributor
20,287 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Honolulu Airport Baggage Storage Service Opens

It sounded good until I got to the details. (Thanks, Bud.) Nobody wants to steal your clothes, but you'll pay $25 to check them PLUS costs for checking valuables like computers, cameras, etc.

Guess I'd rent a sedan; lock suitcases and computers, cameras in the trunk; use the car to tour Oahu, not accessing the trunk after parking, preferably in secure areas.

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
26,191 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Honolulu Airport Baggage Storage Service Opens

ChiSue

I think I agree with you. I would take a chance with keeping things locked in the trunk rather than pay those fees.

To me they are quite high with prices.

But, at least it is a service that is available.

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
10,324 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Honolulu Airport Baggage Storage Service Opens

C'mon gang, the cost would be a bargain versus having your stuff get stolen....

Afterall, it is only $25 for 4 bags for one day. That works out to $0.26 per bag per hour, including pick-up and delivery; definitely not a vacation budget buster.

When you think of the expense of warehouse space, vans/trucks, employee wages and benefits, overhead, any airport fees, and need to produce profits, the cost doesn't seem so bad.

However, since crime statistics show crimes against tourists on Oahu are down 40 percent since 2002, the odds of getting your rental car broken into has decreased substantially.

My guess is cruise ship folks flying into Oahu with a half-day to kill before boarding the boat will be the primary patrons.

This is a vitally needed service, and business opportunity on Maui (for sure) for any bold forum member seeking to relocate.

Ajijic, Mexico
Level Contributor
184 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Honolulu Airport Baggage Storage Service Opens

The Honolulu Baggage storage has "suspended operations"

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
26,191 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Honolulu Airport Baggage Storage Service Opens

This is a different one than the one than Honolulu Baggage Storage. It is still open & has better rates than the one that closed.

www.alohaairportdeliveryandstorage.com/

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Honolulu Airport Baggage Storage Service Opens

I used the Aloha Airport Delivery and Storage Service on a recent trip through Honolulu. I was en route from Australia to Dallas for business, but coming back to Honolulu with my husband to play golf for 10 days and I didn't want to lug my clubs all the way to Dallas and back to Honolulu.

They were great - met me at the airport, picked up the clubs from me, stored them for 7 days, then delivered them back in time for me to check in to my flight to Maui. I think the cost was about $US45. The service was efficient, friendly and goof value for money.

Thoroughly recommend them if I had to leave luccage at HNL again, even for a day. Here's their website:

http://www.alohaairportdeliveryandstorage.com

Sacramento, CA
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Honolulu Airport Baggage Storage Service Opens

I used Aloha Airport Delivery & Storage on a recent trip to hold a bag while we traveled to the Big Island for a couple of days. Their service was Exceptional!

We had a connection problem on the return flight home through Honolulu, and without getting into that story here,(NWA will not get a recommendation from me), Aloha Airport Delivery & Storage went WAY above and beyond to assist me with the bag and eventually assist with shipping it to my home. Great, honest people to work with.