We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

40th Birthday Waikiki

Buffalo, New York
1 post
40th Birthday Waikiki

My husband, 8 yr old son and I are coming to Waikiki in Feb 2020 to celebrate mine and my husbands 40th birthdays. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I could get cupcakes or a cake from and delivered to the Outrigger Waikiki Beach Resort? Additionally does anyone know if the Outrigger would do any birthday decoration set up in our room for our arrival and if not, is there any place on the island that I could arrange this service?

9 replies to this topic
California
Level Contributor
51,804 posts
19 reviews
29 helpful votes
1. Re: 40th Birthday Waikiki

I would begin with a call to the hotel ... asking them about their services for special occasions.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
7,357 posts
20 reviews
17 helpful votes
2. Re: 40th Birthday Waikiki

Call or email the concierge would be my rec as a place to start.

As for cake etc, get in touch with Foodland and/or Liliha Bakery.

I would rec malasadas from Leonard;s, but they are best if eaten fresh and still warm.

Laguna Beach, CA
Level Contributor
3,514 posts
25 reviews
29 helpful votes
3. Re: 40th Birthday Waikiki

I'd just go to Safeway.

Lake Macquarie...
Level Contributor
3,984 posts
20 reviews
35 helpful votes
4. Re: 40th Birthday Waikiki

Maybe it's just my sweet tooth aching, but I can't get past an image of a huge slice of Hula Pie arriving at the table with 3 spoons, plus 2 sparklers and a "Happy Birthday" sign skewered In the top. Yeah, I know you'd asked for cupcakes or a cake, but a Hula Pie will satisfy all 3 of you without a doubt, is already a menu item there AND is absolutely delicious.

Mmmm!!

Surely emailing a message to Duke's Restaurant management at Waikiki Outrigger would give you the answer you want.

A standard (huge) serve is between $11-$12 every day/night and I wouldn't expect the supply of a couple of sparklers and a "Happy Birthday" skewer to run into much more cost.

Oh and have a wonderful birthday in Waikiki!

Edited: 2:46 am, June 20, 2019
Kapaa, Hawaii
Level Contributor
56,428 posts
3 reviews
5 helpful votes
5. Re: 40th Birthday Waikiki

It's been a few years but Dukes then would give free Hula Pie to the person that is celebrating a birthday. Definitly with checking out!!

buc
upper sandusky, ohio
Level Contributor
1,191 posts
13 reviews
7 helpful votes
6. Re: 40th Birthday Waikiki

Hey thanks for posting I was wondering the same thing. I was planning a b day dinner at the Hulu Grill I just may change those plans to Duke's.

Lake Macquarie...
Level Contributor
3,984 posts
20 reviews
35 helpful votes
7. Re: 40th Birthday Waikiki

No need to change restaurants, Hula Grill is above Dukes. Dukes can be a bit of a madhouse at times, so i'f you'd prefer the more relaxing atmosphere of Hula Grill, then dine there.

They both offer the same Hula Pie !!

Spreckelsville...
Level Contributor
79 posts
33 reviews
60 helpful votes
8. Re: 40th Birthday Waikiki

The Cheesecake Factory is one tenth of a mile from the Outrigger Waikiki Beach Resort on Kalakaua Avenue. I routinely order entire cakes from the Cheesecake Factory well ahead of the time that I want to serve it.

The manager gives you some story about how the entire cakes are frozen and have to de-frost for two hours before cutting. I think this is to prevent people from just going for the cakes and skipping the dine-in restaurant. For me, the cakes are the only reason I go to Cheesecake Factory. The entrees and drinks are pretty standard fare and can get very expensive quickly.

Anyway, order the cake you want for pick up with 4-6 hours notice, and allow for a two hour de-frost and cutting time to make the manager happy. You can skip the huge lines for the dine-in restaurant and just bring the entire cake back to your hotel with plates, forks and knives. They even offer a decadent solid chocolate placard that you can write "Happy Whatever" on.

California
Level Contributor
51,804 posts
19 reviews
29 helpful votes
9. Re: 40th Birthday Waikiki

Did anyone mention that you can keep the plate? They charge you for it, I think ... but it's the official Duke's plate. It's not a "Happy Birthday" thing ... but your son can take it home and use it forever.

https://www.tssportswear.com/dukes-waikiki Scroll down for a look at the plate.

Reply to: 40th Birthday Waikiki
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted