We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Waimanalo Bay vs Waialae Beach Wedding

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
47 posts
67 reviews
Waimanalo Bay vs Waialae Beach Wedding

We originally planned to get married at Sherwood Forest- Waimanalo Bay but have been advised by our wedding planner that commercial vehicles are no longer allowed to park/drop off at Waimanalo Beach area. This is a bit of an issue for us as we have guests attending our wedding and we were planning to hire a shuttle to deliver them there. Our other option would be to hire a van and ask a friend/family member to do the driving but with the uncertainty of the roads and driving on the wrong side, I think it might be too much to ask. So we are thinking of moving our ceremony to Waialae Beach where shuttles are still allowed to travel. From the photos I have seen online Sherwood Forest beach is far more stunning than Waialae Beach but the ease of getting our guests there may be the selling point.

Just want to get thoughts from people familiar with both beaches please.

3 replies to this topic
Kapaa, Hawaii
Level Contributor
52,951 posts
3 reviews
1. Re: Waimanalo Bay vs Waialae Beach Wedding

Listen to your wedding planner. Although I agree Waimanalo would be my pick, Waialae is also a very nice beach. I don't think the hassle of asking others to drive is worth trying to stay with Waimanalo.

Sydney
Level Contributor
147 posts
10 reviews
2. Re: Waimanalo Bay vs Waialae Beach Wedding

Hi dkia, we got married in January this year at Waialae beach. Like you we wanted Waimanalo as it's just gorgeous but we decided on Waialae beach as it was easier for our guests. We had 30 people come over from Australia and we hired a bus for our guests to get there.

Our day was awesome but it was very very windy and we were told that's typical for January. Our photos were great and I am happy we chose Waialae beach.

If you want any further info send me a message :)

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
47 posts
67 reviews
3. Re: Waimanalo Bay vs Waialae Beach Wedding

Thanks I've just messaged you :)

Reply to: Waimanalo Bay vs Waialae Beach Wedding
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted