We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Leaving for Honeymoon this Sunday!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
578 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Leaving for Honeymoon this Sunday!

We are getting married this Saturday and spending 12 nights in Hawaii... 4 nights Kauai, 5 nights Maui, 3 nights Oahu. I can't wait. Here are our details:

In Kauai we are staying at the Kauai Marriott. We will only be there 4 nights and 3 days, so 2 days of relaxing (we'll be tired from the wedding!) and 1 day we'll drive to Waimea canyon and to Poipu. I already have a reservation one night at The Beach House.

In Maui we are staying at the Westin on Kaanapali Beach. I already booked us 3 months ago to go to the Old Lahaina Luau. When we arrive we'll also book a trip on a catamaran to Molokini. I love to snorkel (and am getting my fiance into it too) so we'll also try snorkeling at Black Rock by the Sheraton as everyone on here recommends it. One day we'll do the drive to Hana. We'll also drive one morning to see the sunrise at Mt. Halekala.

On Oahu, we're staying at the Outrigger Waikiki. I think one day we'll do the Circle Island Tour (Pearl Harbor, Dole Pineapple, etc) and the other 2 days we'll relax.

VERY EXCITED!

Idaho
Level Contributor
260 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Leaving for Honeymoon this Sunday!

Congratulations and have a wonderful time!

Lima, Ohio
Level Contributor
60 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Leaving for Honeymoon this Sunday!

Congratulations on your marriage. Don't get sunburned the first few days in Hawaii!! Best use 45SPF unless you don't want to touch each other on your honeymoon!

Our friends really liked the Circle Island tour. We loved sunrise at Haleakala (twice). We spent extra time up there to watch the clouds move out and then you can see the crater. Some people had to leave as soon as the sun came up due to the bike tour or tour bus. STAY or you might as well not get up in the middle of the night to see the sunrise. And if you miss sunrise, it could be cloudy later in the day and you'll miss the crater. Be careful driving up there! Kinda foggy. If you are driving yourself, check out Grandma's Coffeehouse for breakfast. Look it up on the internet for directions. It was a funky little local coffee shop and we loved it....good food, good price and good view from the little deck.

When you drive to Hana, do not leave valuables in the car or the trunk if you stop at parking areas for hikes!

Have fun.

3. Re: Leaving for Honeymoon this Sunday!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:25 am, August 30, 2009