We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 days in Oahu-need transportation help

NJ
Level Contributor
277 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
2 days in Oahu-need transportation help

This forum is the greatest. My husband and I get to Oahu on March 9. I can't wait to leave winter for awhile. We will have two full days in Oahu. One day we will definitely rent a car and drive around the island stopping whenever we get in the mood. Our other day we definitely want to go to Pearl Harbor, the Aloha Swap meet, and maybe Chinatown. We are staying at the Hyatt Regency Waikiki. I've read conflicting advice about renting a car for our day 2 activities. Would it be better to rent a car or take The Bus? Would The Bus get us to Pearl Harbor in time to beat the crowds? We get up early. Is there another alternative? Thanks.

laguna niguel, ca
Level Contributor
7,324 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 days in Oahu-need transportation help

I would just get the car for the entire time, first that you you won't have to pay for a shuttle or taxi to waikiki which will cost $30 to $70, and Pearl Harbor / swap meet/ china town would be too much for the public busses but would be a perfect self drive. There are vans that go to the swap meet but they won't drop you off in china town, they go straight back to waikiki.

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
27,323 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 days in Oahu-need transportation help

Rent a car for both days.

You can do one or both of the driving tours on this list one day.

The second day you can see USS Arizona Memorial, Swap Meet, Punchbowl & Tantalus Drive, Chinatown & Aloha Tower, drive through historic Honolulu including past Iolani Palace, drive through Ala Moana Park back to Waikiki.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g29222-i37-k647862…

NJ
Level Contributor
277 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 days in Oahu-need transportation help

Thank you. We took your advice and rented a car.

utah
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 days in Oahu-need transportation help

thank you for putting input on this site...we are going

in june and will now rent a car for the week...thanks.

the only bummer is that the hotel we are staying

at...the imperial hawaii charges 18.00 a day for

parking.

oh well...thanks again for your advise!!!

jeanne

utah
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2 days in Oahu-need transportation help

thank you for putting input on this site...we are going

in june and will now rent a car for the week...thanks.

the only bummer is that the hotel we are staying

at...the imperial hawaii charges 18.00 a day for

parking.

oh well...thanks again for your advise!!!

jeanne

6. Re: 2 days in Oahu-need transportation help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 pm, August 25, 2009