We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oahu bakeries

rockville, md
Level Contributor
45 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Oahu bakeries

Does anyone know of any good bakeries on Oahu? Specifically bakeries that sell homemade cookies or candies? Thanks!

EP
Orange Park, FL
Level Contributor
39 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Oahu bakeries

I don't have a reply to the names of bakeries, but I sure do have a suggestion of what Hawaiian bakes items to try!

(check out the local grocery stores, both in their bakery sections and their bread sections)

What I absolutely love is Coco Pan...Hawaiian Sweet bread rolls filled with yummy coconut.

The sweet breads there are teriffic to start with, but to make them even more irrestible is when they are filled with coconut, guava, etc.

Oakland, California
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
6,325 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Oahu bakeries

Leonard's Bakery on Kapahulu for malasadas, including the guava custard filled ones (I'm a purist; I prefer the plain ones just dipped in sugar) YOu can also get their Pao doce or Portuguese Sweet Bread there.

Napoleon's Bakeries at most Zippy's restaurants- lots of yummy stuff but my favorite is Guava cake

Liliha Bakery on Liliha Street near Chinatown- a local favorite.

PA
Level Contributor
107 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Oahu bakeries

If you are on the North SHore - go to Ted's - delicious pies and danish - not sure about cookies. But the mac nut danish and haupiea (sp?) pie were to die for.

NJ
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Oahu bakeries

Yes Teds was the best

rockville, md
Level Contributor
45 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Oahu bakeries

thanks everyone for their suggestions! I can't wait to try them all!

Hawaii
Level Contributor
66 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Oahu bakeries

I have to agree with the 'Ted's Bakery people, delicious pies! (bakery is located in Sunset Beach, Oahu). Speaking of pies, the most delicious custard pies are found at Kaneohe Bakery in Kaneohe right on Kamehameha Hwy. Deep yellow color, and creamy/tasty texture. Crust is flakey! Regarding cookies, here on the Big Island is 'Big Island Candies' which is known for it's shortbread chocolate dipped cookies, and tons of other things. ENJOY!

honolulu
Level Contributor
348 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Oahu bakeries

North Shore Chocolate company on yes, the North Shore in Haleiwa makes their own candies, and they're very good.

There are shortbread cookie places in Ala Moana & in Ward Warehouse that make wonderful varieties - chocolate dipped, macadamia nut, Kona coffee - and they also come in good gift packages.

There are several other local cookie companies that don't have their own stores and sell through regular & dept. stores like Macy's. Keith's Cookies and another one whose name I don't remember (but like even better than Keith's) come in small tubs or the large 16 or 18 oz sizes and they're really good. They also have the mac nut flavors & ones like pineapple shortbread as well.

If you're just looking for cookies to pick up & munch on the spot, you won't have any trouble - like the mainland, many little places have good cookies. Try Kaakako Kitchen for baked goods as well as good food; Great Harvest Bread Company for fresh cookies & cinnamon rolls; Patisserie at Kahala Mall or in Waikiki for really good & very reasonably priced goodies (try the mac nut coffee cake).

Oahu
Level Contributor
98 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Oahu bakeries

Agnes' bakery in Kailua town has great stuff, especially their malasadas and sweet dogs.

Kihei, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2,721 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Oahu bakeries

They are not cookies, but you must try Liliha Bakery's cocoa puffs.

I gladly stand in line for these, and if I dared to come home from a trip to O`ahu without them Kaikane would leave me at the airport!

Liliha is at Kuakini and Aipaako Streets

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
1,342 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Oahu bakeries

there is on on Dillingham Kalihi area

and one up Liliha up from downtown side

and dont dis Zippy's the bakery in it.

with a different name. different locales

Get answers to your questions about Oahu