We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Makani Kai Airlines

Boston
Level Contributor
1,408 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Makani Kai Airlines

Just read in the Molokai Dispatch that Makani Kai is offering, for a limited time, flights to and from HNL to MKK for $39.00. These are prop planes but the drawback is that they are not located directly at the airport. I think they are just outside of the main airport, not sure, but you can check it out if interested. I've already booked my inter-island flight so I'm not in the market for a flight.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
44,996 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Makani Kai Airlines

Aloha Dolphin, saw a commercial about this company for the first time last night. At least there is now another choice!!

Boston
Level Contributor
1,408 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Makani Kai Airlines

Yes msfuzz, another option is a GOOD thing! It's a lot better than paddle boarding over or , horrors, swimming :) I'm not sure where they are located outside of the airport or how you would get there...perhaps a cab, but it's also good for the locals :) AND the price is right!Q!

Molokai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Makani Kai Airlines

Local residents love this new airline. I still have to try them!

Boston
Level Contributor
1,408 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Makani Kai Airlines

That's great that the locals love this airline Kimo! It's about time that Molokai got a break!!!!!!!

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
28 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Makani Kai Airlines

Hmmmm...I'm considering Makani Kai for a short trip to Molokai, but I'm curious about the comment that Makani Kai is not located within the airport. We'll be renting a car - is it going to be a problem to get to/from the car rental area from wherever Makani Kai flights are operated from?

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
28 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Makani Kai Airlines

Did you mean that Makani Kai is not located within the Honolulu airport or the Molokai airport?

Boston
Level Contributor
1,408 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Makani Kai Airlines

Correct, Makani Kai is located in a hanger outside the airport but hearing from locals that they transport you to car rentals and the airport. I have a friend on island that loves them! Haven't used them but friends just did. Island air has been late or cancelling flights a lot and they prefer using this airline because they have eight flights a day to Molokai and two bags fly free. When we arrived a couple of weeks ago we flew on Mokulele which was on time.

8. Re: Makani Kai Airlines

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, November 16, 2014