We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any feedback on beach house at Hale Kawaikapu

Alberta
Level Contributor
67 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Any feedback on beach house at Hale Kawaikapu

After a whole bunch of tries to book a beach house on Molokai for just after Christmas, I have finally had some success with one under the name Hale Kawaikapu at website http://www.molokaiparadise.com. I am very excited as it looks like a beautiful spot and one of the best features is it includes a free Jeep! But I can not find anything in this forum or anywhere on Trip Advisor about this site, so I'm wondering if anyone else has had experience with this property and how you enjoyed or didn't enjoy the area? Cathy was the booking agent I dealt with and she was very freindly. Would love to hear from others!

Westfield, New York
Level Contributor
658 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any feedback on beach house at Hale Kawaikapu

We've never stayed at this cottage, but there are a few reviews of it on VRBO:

http://www.vrbo.com/277783ha

I don't think there's much of a beach at this property however, but it's definitely a good deal with the included jeep.

We have stayed in this general area of the island and love it.

Alberta
Level Contributor
67 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any feedback on beach house at Hale Kawaikapu

Thanks for your reply. It really doesn't look like much of a beach in front but I do see one just a short walk from the house. But on the google map I also see a couple of houses in front of that beach. Are beaches private property or could we still cut through the trees and go for a walk down their beach?

Westfield, New York
Level Contributor
658 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any feedback on beach house at Hale Kawaikapu

I don't think any beach is private, so you definitely are allowed to walk along it as far as you can. The only problem might be the 'trees' you mentioned. If they're sea grapes they're almost impossible to "cut through". But if the cottage you've rented has a kayak, you could always kayak down to an open beach area to walk along. Or at low tide sometimes it's easy to wade thru the water around obstacles to get to the other side. Esp there because of the fringing reef you're not fighting big waves or anything. We've done that when we came to an area of big boulders ... we just waded out into the water and around.

Anyway, if it's easy enough to cut through the trees or whatever, then certainly you can walk along the beach. All beaches are public.

Honolulu, Hawaii...
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Any feedback on beach house at Hale Kawaikapu

I stayed at the beach house at Hale Kawaikapu in December of 2012 & it was great! We were picked up at the airport by Lauren the caretaker & she greated us with Kukui Nut leis which are native to Hawaii. We were taken to the local market where we shopped for groceries. On the way back to the property we were informed by Lauren of all of the activities available to us including hiking, fishing, golfing, etc. We were provided with a Jeep Grand Cherokee with NO MILEAGE CHARGE! We priced this same vehicle at the airport & they were charging over $100 per day which meant that our rental was only costing us $125 per day! What a deal! As far as I know the owners are the only ones providing a free vehicle!

The propery was gorgeous & extremely quiet! We enjoyed watching beautiful sunrises every morning from the front deck! We were fortunate to see a full moon rising over the water 2 nights of out stay. If you have never seen a full moon rising over the ocean It is something that you will never forget!

Lauren lives on the same property & was so helpful recommending various actiuvities while we were there! You won't find a better deal!!!!

5. Re: Any feedback on beach house at Hale Kawaikapu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 20, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Molokai