We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Back on the mainland

Boston
Level Contributor
1,431 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Back on the mainland

Aloha all,

Made it back to the mainland and all settled in. Finally got all my paperwork and grocery restocking done. It was a joy going to Costco and finding anything and everything I wanted, ha-ha. Usually I detest grocery shopping, but after being on Molokai I sure likied being at Costco:). I can find the things that I need on Molokai at the local grocery stores, but ohhhhhhh the choices to be had back here! Also filled up the car with gas and it was only $3.89 a gallon as opposed to $5.39 a gallon back on Molokai......but hey, that's the price of being in paradise and I sure would rather be warming my bones on Molokai during the winter than on freezing my okule off here on the mainland!

We had good flights home. We took Island Air from MKK to HNL and the flight was right on schedule. From HNL we took Alaska Air from to Seattle, a good trip and even arrived a half an hour earlier than scheduled. Grabbed some shuteye at the Ramada Inn at Seatac and then went to airport the next morning for our direct flight to BOS. Again, the flight was good and we arrived a half an hour earlier than scheduled.

We came home to beautiful weather for sure! It was sunny and in the seventies. We were delighted to see our yard was not a horrific mess like last year and the terrible winter that they had back here. The flowering trees were in bloom and it is lovely down here in the woods. Our herds of deer had a field day with a lot of the shrubbery while we were gone, all green stripped off and nothing but bare sticks, ha-ha, but the green is coming back on the stubbly sticks :)!

So aloha to all and thanks for all the well wishes before we departed. Waving to SW and Nick from back on the east coast!

Elk Rapids, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Lanai
Level Contributor
9,605 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Back on the mainland

Sorry to hear you made it back and were not stranded on Molokai for a month or so...lol

Time to start planning the next trip BACK right?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Back on the mainland

I thought the mainland was Maui

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
45,943 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Back on the mainland

Glad you made it home safe and sound, dolphin. See you next year!!

Boston
Level Contributor
1,431 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Back on the mainland

Yep Brighton Bill........already booked our place for next year........of course no flights forthcoming yet........heck I just got off the plane, ha-ha. But for sure, I do book early to get the best deals!!!!!

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
53,841 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Back on the mainland

Aloha,

Wavin' back at you, Dolphin! Glad all is well and hope you have wonderful weather and fun all spring, summer, and fall!

6. Re: Back on the mainland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 pm, June 18, 2013