We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is the Lodge still nice?

Plymouth Meeting...
Level Contributor
22 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Is the Lodge still nice?

My family and I have stayed at the Lodge at Molokai Ranch twice before. Several of the posted reviews make me wonder if the change in management (it was Sheraton the last time we were there) has been a problem. We are planning another trip soon and would appreciate recent/local comparison to three and five years ago.

Aiea, Oahu, HI
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Is the Lodge still nice?

The Great Hotels show on the Lodge was nice, but I was a little disappointed that they did not even mention Kauanakakai. They made it seem like there was absolutely nothing between the Lodge and Halawa Valley. Granted the show is only 30 minutes and they can only do so much, but a few seconds on Molokai's only "city" wouldn't have hurt. The host was honest though in saying that Molokai isn't for everyone and she praised "the snack shop at mile marker 16" for having a clean bathroom. ;-)

There's supposed to be a Great Hotels show on the Hana Hotel on Maui this Friday, looking forward to watching that one too.

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
3,312 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Is the Lodge still nice?

Hi jrboy,

Glad you got at least a little something out of the show/here's hoping for Hana Hotel.

Not sure exactly how the Travel Channel operates, but much of what they feature comes across like an infomercial. However, it is Hawaii...and at it's worst, sure beats their incessant Poker broadcasts.

kama

Molokai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Is the Lodge still nice?

PMP,

I manage two businesses in Kaunakakai town. E-mail me at svetin1@yahoo.com. I'm in town until May 4th. Aloha, Kimo