We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pouring dolphins and whales

Boston
Level Contributor
1,408 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Pouring dolphins and whales

Aloha,

Man oh man did it pour in little Kaunakakai this morning! It was coming down pretty good up here on the mountain but had to go to the post office this morning.......whadda mess all over the roads with water runoff from the mountains. We had the wipers on full speed but still had a hard time seeing. Mud everywhere but still downtown was crowded. Oh well, it's Aloha Friday and I think people were stocking up goods for the weekend. It started to clear a little while ago and the sun actually peeked out but got hidden quickly by another monsoon of rain........but am not complaining, it's good for the island to get rain and the mountains will be even more green than they are now. It's so beautiful looking up at the peaks. The mist and fog up there looked magical as we climbed the hill again. It's all good, and much better than being back in the cold in Beantown. I did hear that they're warming up back home this werekend. The fridgid cold and snow has made for a truly miserable time for them. Wishing my family were here instead of there.......sigh.

Have a wonderful weekend all!

Molokai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2,121 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pouring dolphins and whales

beautiful description! we are fogged in here in Kalae. and i don't think the mules could have gone down to Kalaupapa today. it would have been very slippery. i am wondering if this would interrrupt flights in and out of the airport. looking at the radar there seems to be no end to the weather, it keeps coming. our dogs act like our cat today, just laying around.

Boston
Level Contributor
1,408 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pouring dolphins and whales

I'm kind of acting like your dogs too Halemalu.......lazing around on a day like today is a GOOD THING! We got the Molokai News downtown and I swear that I read every word on those printed pages just to keep from having to get up, ha-ha. But did make a chocolate cake to warm the house up.......yummo! Have a good weekend friend!

3. Re: Pouring dolphins and whales

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:16 am, March 05, 2012