We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheeseburger in paradise

Elk Rapids, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Lanai
Level Contributor
9,522 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Cheeseburger in paradise

I am sure someone is going to be going to Maui soon and will be eating at the Cheeseburger in Paradise. I was wondering if you could do me a favor. They used to have a great web cam that showed Lahina but it was stolen almost a year ago. Their website says they will be getting a new one and I was curious exactly when (if ever) they plan on doing that.

If you could inquire for me I would really appreciate it.

Mahalo.

Salt Spring Island...
Level Contributor
616 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Cheeseburger in paradise

BB!!

I'm BAACK!! Went to the Cheeseburger in Paradise just a few days ago. I asked about the web cam, but the Hostess seems pretty baffled about a timeline with the web cam.......

As usual we waited just over an hour for our party of 4; and unfortuneatly we were seated upstairs...right smack beside the Singer, who was pretty awful. Food came FAST!

Gotta ask about the "sinking" 32 foot sailboat out in the Harbour...it has become quite the local tourist attraction!!

Maui
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Cheeseburger in paradise

This is for GottaloveMaui.

"Gotta ask about the "sinking" 32 foot sailboat out in the Harbour...it has become quite the local tourist attraction!!"

Yes it is quite an attraction!!! Could be a forum topic all by itself.

As I understand things, it happened last year, 04' on or about Halloween. The owner didn't have the funds or insurance to recover it.

It is really a site and shame, but it does attract interest.

Salt Spring Island...
Level Contributor
616 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Cheeseburger in paradise

Mauivisitor....

YES, it is QUITE a site! Of course, when my Family and I saw the sinking boat, we thought it was happening right then and there!! According to a newpaper article (that is lamenated in the Cheesburger), it happened on Hallowe'en night, while the owner was partying in town. He got back in the wee hours of the morning only to see his boat (actually his home, I think!) sinking. Apparently the anchor is caught on a reef, and trying to release it is going to cost more than the boat is worth?? So there is sits, for all to view. I think the owner lives in Ouhu. He has even approached the Maui Chamber of Commerce as trying to delare it a sight-seeing site, so he can make some $$ off of it!! Go figure!!

Elk Rapids, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Lanai
Level Contributor
9,522 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Cheeseburger in paradise

Sounds like you had a great time gottalove.....and thanks for asking about the web cam. I will just assume it is down for good. Too bad too because it gave is mainland bound people a taste of Lahina.

Door County, WI
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Cheeseburger in paradise

We took a picture of the sinking boat! We heard that the people who brought it there was borrowing it from friends for Halloween last year and they anchored wrong. Anyway, it's wrecking the reef and they are being charged $1000/day until it's removed. That's the story we got anyway. It is sorta turning into an attraction, isn't it?

Salt Spring Island...
Level Contributor
616 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Cheeseburger in paradise

$1,000/DAY!! WOW!! The Staff at the Cheesburger did say there were A LOT of rumours floating around about the Boat...IT IS A SIGHT!!

Oceanside...
Level Contributor
161 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Cheeseburger in paradise

www cheeseburger maui dot com of course all runtogether will get you their homepage. Scroll on down and email them.

Folsom, CA
1 post
Save Reply
18. Re: Cheeseburger in paradise

If you're looking for web cams, check out this site...lots of 'em all over HI...take your pick! (you may need to follow a few links from this site to find the view that you're looking for!)

http://www.tiki.net/~rw/video/video.html

Aloha

washington state
Level Contributor
3,006 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Cheeseburger in paradise

OMG, is that boat still there??? It was there last November when we were in Lahaina.

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
4,985 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Cheeseburger in paradise

yes Hula it is still there. One of our boat operators out of Lahaina said that since the owner can't get it out, it has become the cities responsibility and they might take a long time. It is becoming a landmark.