We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stand up paddle board

Wahpeton, North...
1 post
Save Topic
Stand up paddle board

We are staying at Aston Hotel. We would like to bring our stand up paddle boards with us. Is there a good place to do this? I see there is a lot of wind. We do not want to surf. Thank you!

Elk Rapids, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Lanai
Level Contributor
9,850 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stand up paddle board

Have you checked with the airline to see if they will do a paddle board and if so the cost?

S W Arkansas
Destination Expert
for Kihei, Maui, Hana, Haleakala National Park
Level Contributor
11,263 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stand up paddle board

The wind is usually calm in the mornings until around noon. You wuold need to be very mindful of wind, currents and swells.. Have you done SUP in the ocean? .

There are many places to rent boards, even companies that will deliver and pick at your location of choice.

Which Aston property??

Iowa
Level Contributor
14,009 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stand up paddle board

Yes, as Barefootn, asks, which Aston?

Just so you know, on Maui, Aston is not a hotel. It is a company that manages some of the units in several different condo resorts in both West and South Maui. Each resort has its own name, and many of the units will be private rentals, not through Aston.

I'm happy that Barefootn is cautioning you, if your experience is on a lake and not in the ocean. Please stay safe! We see lots of paddle boarders that could use a few lessons. And I got a big knock in the head while snorkeling to prove it! Lol!

Hope you have a lovely time on Maui!

Aloha

Teri

Oahu, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
28,379 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Stand up paddle board

What BB said was my first thought as well.

I think all the domestic airlines are charging a big chunk of change for these now.

In fact, there was a post by someone from Europe opining that even his airline has begun charging a hefty fee.

5. Re: Stand up paddle board

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, July 16, 2017