My friends & I have just booked a 10 day stay at the Hoolei 3 bedroom! We're pretty excited as while we've visited the island 3 or 4 times, we always ended up staying at Honua Kai. Nothing wrong with it this time, but we thought it would be nice to experience another part of the island & with a toddler in the group, the pools of the GW were attractive. (It turned out hilton.com had pretty good rates, so we booked direct.)
A few random questions:
- Any advice on the "best" units? We're the "ocean view" level (not garden view or deluxe ocean view)
- Is it worth bringing any beach gear with us? When we visit the beach in LA, we typically have chairs + umbrellas + sand toys for the youngster.
- I know they offer a shuttle to from Ho'olei to the GW. The moms of the group are a bit worried about transporting the babies w/o car seats in the shuttle. How do other parents get their young ones back & forth? Just walk? Carry them on the shuttle? Use a car seat?
- How difficult is it to walk back & forth from Ho'olei to GW?
- What are the best pools for young kids at Ho'olei or GW?
- Likewise, any advice on good attractions/parks/beaches for a toddler in the area?
- I didn't want the toddler to miss out on Halloween (he liked it last year), so I was going bring his costume & take him to the kids parade in Lahaina. Good idea or bad idea? Any other advice to still give him a bit of the Halloween experience?
5 adults (early 30s to early 40s), a toddler who will be just shy of 3, and two babies who will be 6 months & 10 months old.