We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best hotel with kids for October

Parker, Colorado
Level Contributor
104 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best hotel with kids for October

Hi there. I'm planning a trip to Hawaii with one family of 5 (2 adults, 3 kids ages 9, 9, 5) and one family of 2 adults (the grandparents). I'd like a place that is on the beach and has plenty of kids activities and is also a beautiful resort for the adults to enjoy. We've stayed at Aulani and loved it, Hilton Waikoloa Village - the kids really liked it, Hilton Hawaiian Village - I thought it was pretty stressful and super crowded.

Budget is up to around $500 a night total, whether that means 2 rooms for $250 each or a big suite for $500 total.

I like the looks of Honua Kai and *think* I can find one of the 2 bdrms in our budget, just barely, but I wanted to make sure there weren't any other suggestions out there.

Also open to Kauai suggestions. My initial thought is that there may be more to entertain the kids on Maui, but we're up for either.

Thanks, everyone!!

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
14,463 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best hotel with kids for October

Honua Kai was going to be my suggestion. It has enough of everything to make all generations happy. Westin Villas are nice, but that is a bit different being time share property and I think the rooms are not as big.

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
27,971 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best hotel with kids for October

Did you find that quote for HK on VRBO, or from another site? Do make sure that you check the parking fee as well, when budgeting. It does depend on whom you are booking with, as to whether it is charged or not.

Your kids would be really happy with the pools there, and having the washer and dryer right in the unit is a huge bonus! So convenient, and you wouldn't have to pack as many clothes for everyone. Besides, it is fun to buy some new t-shirts while there too!

There is also a grocery store right across the street from the HK, so you can easily pick up some snacks and drinks.

3. Re: Best hotel with kids for October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, April 28, 2017