We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Hololani building is best?

Michigan
Level Contributor
74 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Which Hololani building is best?

Hello,

My family is planning a vacation to Maui, and we are going to stay at the Hololani Resort in Kahana. Does anyone know if building A or B is better? What about the sunset views from either building?

I alluded to a similar topic in my last post, but thought this title might catch the eye of those of you who have actually stayed at the Hololani. Any info. you can provide would be appreciated. Thanks!

kansas city
Level Contributor
161 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Hololani building is best?

A: has a steet at its back side. Can hear trash trucks in the morning.

B: has another condo at its back side. Can look and see what others are having for dinner.

The view from both is spectacular.

Danville, California
Level Contributor
1,845 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Hololani building is best?

Juluaf has stayed at the Hololani several times and was there a month ago. You can search her posts. I remember she said the A side gets more sun and you get better trade winds on the B side. We wanted to book A402, looks gorgeous but was booked already. good luck!

Michigan
Level Contributor
74 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which Hololani building is best?

Thank you both for the feedback!

32Travel, do you recall if you could see the sunset from the B building? Not that it would be a big deal to walk outside, but I am curious about that.

Do the trade winds ever change direction? The last time we went to Maui, the temperature was perfect day and night. I keep hearing that it can get really hot though? I don't want to have a condo that roasts in the sun during the day, and doesn't get any breeze at night!

We've already booked two condos for my family on the seventh floor of the A building. However, there are a couple available in the B building, so we've been debating if we should switch.

Also, does anyone know if the corner units larger? I realize they have two lanais, but I've seen various square footage for condos at the Hololani.

Oregon
Level Contributor
4,366 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which Hololani building is best?

MRS Agent,

The A building units will get sun on their SW facing lanais once the sun comes over the condo complex, noonish. The B building units will get sun much later in the afternoon. You won't be able to see the sunset from the B side unless you are in an end unit or if you are going early spring through mid-summer. When we went in October, the sun was setting just between Lanai and Molokai and most of the guests would watch the sunset from the grassy area of the B building. When we go in May, the sun sets just behind the tip of Molokai which is more visable to all of the units. I don't know if that helps you. I think the trade winds will provide relief to people staying in both buildings but generally, the A side is going to get more sun. The end units are larger in the bathroom area. We have stayed in B204 3 times and have really enjoyed having two lanais with ocean views and the trade winds blowing through. B204 is not as updated as some - I think the unit that huladolz mentioned is really nice. We have had only a handful of horribly hot and humid days in our 6 visits to Maui but the other 40-50 days have been very comfortable without A/C.

Hope that helps a little. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Michigan
Level Contributor
74 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which Hololani building is best?

Thank you so much for the helpful information!

kansas city
Level Contributor
161 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Which Hololani building is best?

Building A looks directly into the sunset. In the 10 or so times we have stayed here I don't recall the winds being of intrest or topic of consideration. Try to get an end unit: they have 2 lani.

Level Contributor
184 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which Hololani building is best?

We are staying in building a A in a few days.

Got a great deal from chasinrainbows.com

if you look on the discount page there are great deals on hololani there!

Michigan
Level Contributor
74 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which Hololani building is best?

Wow. Sorry it's been a while since I've been on this Web site. The holiday rush got the best of me...

We found and booked a beautiful unit through VRBO. It's condo A601, so appears to be larger and has the two lanais, though only one faces the ocean. Other members of my family were able to book A701, which also looks very nice. Less than four months and counting!

9. Re: Which Hololani building is best?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:29 am, August 26, 2009