We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maui & BI- best time of year to go?

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Topic
Maui & BI- best time of year to go?

Was planning to go Oct 2007 but I hear on this forum that the weather isnt too good at the moment, is that general for October?

I can go whenever I want , have previously been to Maui in April and June and had great weather, so should I be changing my plans for another time of year?

If it makes any difference, I will be diving, so the likely sea conditions would also make a difference to me.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Maui & BI- best time of year to go?

bump

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
82 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Maui & BI- best time of year to go?

I was in Maui this past August and the weather was awesome. I have heard though that a good time to go is Jan, Feb as that is Whale season and you can see them really good from Maui that is, as for the Big Island, I don't know - haven't been to that one

Washington
Level Contributor
1,783 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Maui & BI- best time of year to go?

Last year, October was wonderful! I'm sure there are some variations form year to year.

Texas
Level Contributor
898 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Maui & BI- best time of year to go?

Last year we went to Maui in mid September and the weather was fantastic, not too humid during the day time and cool at night.

We stayed in Wailea at Polo Beach and did not encounter any rain during the 10 days stay.

Florence, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Oregon Coast
Level Contributor
5,990 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Maui & BI- best time of year to go?

Mid-November was FANTASTIC last year!! We were there 7 days and had a nice mixture of sun and clouds and cooling tradewinds in the afternoon hours. We got sprinkled on several times on the road to Hana and we had a brief shower one day while at D.T. Flemming Beach. Other than that the weather was perfect.

Den

Calgary, Alberta...
Level Contributor
170 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Maui & BI- best time of year to go?

Joe,

I was just there from Oct. 7 to Oct. 16. We had great weather. It was cloud, but we had no rain or trade winds. It averaged about 80 to 90 degrees every day and was very humid. However, there was lots of VOG in the air and you couldn't see the top of Haleakala until the last day we were there (the day of the earthquake). After the earthquake it totally cleared off, and the tradewinds removed all the VOG so it was totally clear. We ended up staying another night because our flight was cancelled. When we left on the 16th the weather was taking a turn for the worst. Strong winds, very cloudy, and a ton of rain. It just down poured from the time we got up in the morning 7 am. It was still down pouring when our flight took off at 3 pm. I would go again in October, I thought it was great.

Mel

7. Re: Maui & BI- best time of year to go?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 pm, August 18, 2009