We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon hotel recommendations

ORD
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Honeymoon hotel recommendations

Booked flights yesterday. AA NS ORD-HNL then HNL-KOA for the first few days of the trip.

We are coming in on Thurs 5/10 and I thought we should hit Hawaii first before retreating to Maui for hte remainder of our trip.

So I thought 4 nights on the big isle for a bunch of roaming then 4 nights on Maui for less activity.

She wants to stay at say the Four Seasons or something equivalent.

It's our honeymoon and it only comes once but are there other perhaps less expensive options that anyone might recommend.

Not looking for a real family place with kids etc...not at least on our honeymoon.

We leave on the 19th out of HNL and I thought we might stay one night there so we can see the USS AZ Mem....I've been once, the fiancee has never been to HI.

Anyways....any help or direction would be gladly appreciated....

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,363 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon hotel recommendations

I would go with the Four Seasons, but book a mountain view or garden view room.

The rooms themselves inside are nearly identical. The only real difference is the views.

If cost is an issue, it is any easy way to save $100 or more a night.

Four Seasons is definitely worth the money.

Another place to look at would be the Fairmont Kea Lani.

Menifee, California
Level Contributor
1,378 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon hotel recommendations

Aloha!

I would also look at the Hyatt and Sheraton in the Kaanapali area. You will likely save money over the Four Seasons. Hyatt and Sheraton are both very nice and well located. Plus, you might end up getting an ocean view or ocean front room for the price that you pay for a mountain view at Four Seasons. it is worth considering.

Bryan Brown

BBrown9825@aol.com

ORD
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon hotel recommendations

Thanks for the suggestions

Washington
Level Contributor
1,783 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon hotel recommendations

The Sheraton is wonderfully romantic. Beautiful scenery, not too many kids, and convenient to everything in Kaanapali. We never moved our car in the 4 nights we were there before spending a few days at Napili Bay. The pools are relaxing with a pool bar alongisde. The ocean view rooms are great. Try to stay in building 3 or 4. (The kids activity program at the Sheraton is held at the Westin+++))

5. Re: Honeymoon hotel recommendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 am, August 27, 2009