We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kahana Beach condos

Tulare, California
Level Contributor
457 posts
Save Topic
Kahana Beach condos

I found 2 condo complexes next door to each other on Kahana Beach.

Its Kahana Outrigger and Kahana Village. I am looking for 3 bedroom and both these seem perfect. Can anyone tell me a little bit more about this area? We are going middle of summer time. Beach seems small and I believe I read something about a stream dumping into the ocean nearby making the water murky.

http://www.vrbo.com/47806#rates

www.kahanavillage.com/beachhouses/unit42.htm

Mentioned in this post
Kahana Beach Resort
Kahana Beach Resort
364 Reviews
Maui, HI
Kahana Village
Kahana Village
591 Reviews
Maui, HI
San Diego
Level Contributor
475 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Kahana Beach condos

we love staying on the west side. we stay at the Valley isle and love it. yes small beach but perfect for us! during the day we go to other beaches, come back in the afternoon and sit out in front of condo enjoying an uncrowded beach ~ only people there are the ones from the Valley Isle, Sands of Kahana and the Royal Kahana. What stream are you talking about…. S-turns?

Mentioned in this post
Sands of Kahana
Sands of Kahana
793 Reviews
Maui, HI
Royal Kahana
Royal Kahana
1,139 Reviews
Maui, HI
Wayne, New Jersey
Level Contributor
424 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Kahana Beach condos

We stay in Kahana and love it there! It's the perfect location..quieter than Ka'anapali, but close to it, very close to Kapalua which is amazeballs for snorkeling. It's the perfect location..

Edited: 11:03 pm, April 10, 2014
Mentioned in this post
Kahana Beach Resort
Kahana Beach Resort
364 Reviews
Maui, HI
Ka'anapali
Ka'anapali
Maui, HI
Kapalua
Kapalua
Maui, HI
Alaska
Level Contributor
10,709 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kahana Beach condos

Our daughter's future PIL's have been staying at Kahana Village for years and loved it. Their only concern this past visit was the excessive cigarette smoking on the lanai, by the downstairs neighbors. Whether it is allowed or not, I do not know, but worth asking about if this would upset your family. The views from their upfront condo were gorgeous, but I have no idea how they felt about the beach swimming cause the waves were quite high during their stay last week. They prefer Kahana and we prefer Kihei. Needless to say, we did too much driving....lol! Deb

Mentioned in this post
Kahana Village
Kahana Village
591 Reviews
Maui, HI
Kahana Beach Resort
Kahana Beach Resort
364 Reviews
Maui, HI
Kihei
Kihei
Maui, HI
Colorado
Level Contributor
1,719 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kahana Beach condos

Wow..the Kahana Village property looks fabulous!

Mentioned in this post
Kahana Village
Kahana Village
591 Reviews
Maui, HI
Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
27,892 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kahana Beach condos

I like the first one better, for no other reason that the unobstructed view from the lanai. The other one had great loungers on the lanai, but there were a lot of trees. Of course, that gives you more privacy, and not quite so hot in the afternoon as well. Pros and cons to both.

I'd be checking out the smoking policy too. No way I could stay in a place again that allowed that. I enjoy the lanai too much, morning and evening, and I would dislike having to stay in the condo because of that.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
566 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kahana Beach condos

I notice that the Kahana Village unit doesn't appear to have AC. This may or may not be an issue for you depending on the time of year, but personally, I don't sleep well unless we can cool the bedroom off at night. We stayed at Valley Isle one year and I had a very tough time getting a good night's sleep.

Your mileage may vary :-)

Mentioned in this post
Kahana Village
Kahana Village
591 Reviews
Maui, HI
Oregon
Level Contributor
379 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kahana Beach condos

That particular Kahana Village unit, No. 42, is right next to the road. I've heard there is a problem with street noise there at night. If there's no AC and you're depending on open windows, that could be a real issue.

Jim

Mentioned in this post
Kahana Village
Kahana Village
591 Reviews
Maui, HI
Virginia
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Kahana Beach condos

We have stayed in Kahana Village and loved it, but were more directly on the beach front. We experienced no issued from the nearby stream. I would say that the beach at either complex is not the primary reason to stay. It is small at both, on the other hand it is quite easy to get to other larger beaches close by.

The facilities and grounds at Kahana Village are great and the sunset views can't be beat. On the other hand, all things being equal I would probably choose a more direct ocean front location like the unit at Outrigger. The other location is quite close to the road as another poster has mentioned. But the Outrigger unit will receive a more direct hit from the afternoon sun, could be warmer depending on your preferences. Then again, I'm from the metro DC area where 98 degrees, similar humidity and no wind is the norm for the summer. Heat in Hawaii does not compare so we don't have AC as a requirement when we go.

Mentioned in this post
Kahana Village
Kahana Village
591 Reviews
Maui, HI
Hawaii
Hawaii
United States
Tulare, California
Level Contributor
457 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Kahana Beach condos

Thanks everyone. Kahana Village has several ocean front units available but I mistakenly posted a unit that was not. I read in the guide book that sometimes seaweed can be a problem in that area?????

Mentioned in this post
Kahana Village
Kahana Village
591 Reviews
Maui, HI
Corona del Mar...
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
58,412 posts
431 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Kahana Beach condos

Kahana Village is my parents favorite and one of my family's as well. Here is the Hawaii Revealed look at it.

hawaiirevealed.com/free-travel-info/maui/mau…

Never stayed at the Kahana Outrigger, but I have immense respect for the Outrigger people and have stayed at many other Outrigger properties and they have always been great.

We have stayed at Kahana Sunset too and liked it a lot, but so hard to beat Kahana Village.

hawaiirevealed.com/free-travel-info/maui/mau…

Mentioned in this post
Kahana Village
Kahana Village
591 Reviews
Maui, HI
Hawaii
Hawaii
United States
Kahana Beach Resort
Kahana Beach Resort
364 Reviews
Maui, HI