We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hyatt regency Maui ? Construction noise ? Breakfast ?

auckland
Level Contributor
134 posts
Save Topic
Hyatt regency Maui ? Construction noise ? Breakfast ?

Hi

Some one on here kindly recommended this resort but we hear there is a construction project on ?

Does anyone know noise levels and how big the project effects the resort ?

Also is this a great place for a family with young children , it has very low rates basic room with no views , but that's fine

Would you take the inclusive breakfast rate or just room only, we have seen on some booking sites 2-1 breakfast but not on hyatt site

Overall hyatt seems cheaper than westin and similar

Thanks again really appreciate your input

Spokane, WA
Level Contributor
1,429 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hyatt regency Maui ? Construction noise ? Breakfast ?

The Hyatt is a great hotel. Not sure about construction noise, but the work is during the day when most people are off sight seeing and doing other activities. The pool is wonderful but the beach in front of the Hyatt is very rocky. You can walk down the beach about 5 minutes and it gets much nicer. I would pass on the breakfast myself and pick up some things like muffins, bagels, etc. The rooms do have mini fridges to store cold items if needed.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
45,244 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hyatt regency Maui ? Construction noise ? Breakfast ?

The Hyatt does have a large construction project ... but the question is what phase it will be in by the time you arrive. Most of the work may be indoors, who knows?

I have used a breakfast package with that Hyatt - and also the Hyatt on Waikiki. Overall, I discourage them - because although there is a variety of options on the buffet ... it does have a "sameness" from day to day. There are so many great places to have breakfast in the "greater Ka'anapali" area. Having breakfast off the resort gets you up and out in the morning. But if you think staying at the resort for breakfast is a good idea with your little ones ... that's your call.

I have seen the Westin Resort and Spa go for dirt cheap (exactly what it is worth). The Westin VILLAS ... that's a different story.

The Hyatt may have a low price when you are traveling because of the season or a lack of big groups. The Hyatt is great with kids and a lovely resort.

Edited: 6:54 pm, March 22, 2014
Golden, Canada
Destination Expert
for Regina
Level Contributor
4,667 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hyatt regency Maui ? Construction noise ? Breakfast ?

How long are you going to be there for? I would not want to be chowing down on the buffet for ten days straight. Also at most of these resorts the al a carte options tend to add up to be a better value. I suspect the Hyatt still is offering "construction specials"... I drove by there a couple weeks ago, but didn't stop in to check it out so will let some recent guests fill in the details. Though as BLBL notes depends what stage they're at when you are there.

auckland
Level Contributor
134 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hyatt regency Maui ? Construction noise ? Breakfast ?

We plan 4 nights

5. Re: Hyatt regency Maui ? Construction noise ? Breakfast ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:41 pm, February 16, 2015
Golden, Canada
Destination Expert
for Regina
Level Contributor
4,667 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hyatt regency Maui ? Construction noise ? Breakfast ?

Welcome to the forum Kressa... love the upfront honest approach from the hotels, unlike the Lana'i FS for example.

Any ballpark yet on the construction end date?

Overland Park...
Level Contributor
1,209 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Hyatt regency Maui ? Construction noise ? Breakfast ?

Thanks HyattMauiGirl for giving us all more details on this construction issue. Travelers certainly never want to have any negative surprises after they arrive at a resort. Transparency is always most helpful to visitors trying to pick a hotel and room location for their stay. Thanks for posting.

auckland
Level Contributor
134 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Hyatt regency Maui ? Construction noise ? Breakfast ?

Hi hyatt Maui girl

Thanks for your reply

We work in the construction industry and the last think we want to see after flying all that way is to look at a building site ;)

Your description sounds great and we will check these packages

We have been leaning more to andaz but think maybe regency is more suited to our family we have 4&5 year olds ???

Also does the regency have a kids club that we can leave our children at for a morning so we too can get some r&r by the pool

Thanks heaps

9. Re: Hyatt regency Maui ? Construction noise ? Breakfast ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:41 pm, February 16, 2015
auckland
Level Contributor
134 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Hyatt regency Maui ? Construction noise ? Breakfast ?

Thanks

I have seen the andaz one , I guess it comes down to what area suits our family which is the confusing part ;)