We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kahului Swap Meet

Madison WI
Level Contributor
331 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Kahului Swap Meet

Where is it located and what time? Is it worth the time to check it out or maybe somewhere else for gifts/souvenirs? Thanks !!

Angleton, Texas
Level Contributor
1,281 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kahului Swap Meet

MCC campus. I'm sure someone will come on here with better description I can drive right to from any part of the island but can't remember the streets. By all means go. Prices are better than Front street and you get some local flavor. Our favorite thing is go early before it gets hot (the asphalt paving hears up quick) then go have breakfast at Tasty Crust in Wailuku.

D P
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,308 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Kahului Swap Meet

I love the Swap Meet and can;t wait to go Saturday am. I got some beautiful sea glass jewelry last year and can;t wait to get another piece. My DH loves Aloha shirts and hopes to pick up another, then there are the souvenirs for our kids.

Here is full information: www.mauiexposition.com/MAUISWAPMEET.html

They have everything there, just be sure to check for Made in China labels.

After the Swap Meet we are going to: https://www.facebook.com/www.Likepoke

Spokane, WA
Level Contributor
1,371 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kahului Swap Meet

Totally worth the time. Lots of great souvenirs, local vendors, and good food can be found there. Jewelry, hand made soaps and lotions, wood carvings, homemade cookies and breads, etc. It can be a bit crowded but plenty of parking at the college.

Federal Way...
Level Contributor
75 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kahului Swap Meet

Oh,definitely go! We were in Maui 3 years ago and have already planned a swap meet trip when we return this summer. It is easy to find and has a wide variety of items to purchase...yummy food too.

Napa, California
Level Contributor
1,622 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kahului Swap Meet

Yes, you should go. There are so many unique home island crafted items to choose from and great pricing!

Very much worth your time, in my opinion. I did most of my Christmas Shopping there last Nov.

Aloha

Cindy

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
23,104 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kahului Swap Meet

Just make sure you take your own bags! You will need them to fill up on all your treasures. If you can't get there first thing in the morning, remember to take some water with you. It does get hot there.

Another option for souvenirs is Binky's, up in West Maui. You won't have to check for "Made in China" labels there at all. She sells an array of jewelry, piano art, and even yarn! Supports local artists.

Maui, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,395 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kahului Swap Meet

Swap meet is an outdoor Saturday morning expo.

Lots of vendors, artists and veggies. This is not a juried event so use your own judgement as to the authenticity. Lots of imported tropical stuff at cheap prices.

Well organized and lots of parking.

When coming from West Maui I drive Hwy 30 all the way until it ends in Wailuku at the Queen Kaahumanu Church.

Turn right at that traffic light and go down the hill until you see a "Refuse" sign and turn left. The Maui Expo swap meet will be on your left.

Also at the Lahaina Civic Center but only some Sundays. 9 tip 4 and no veggies, 70 vendors.

Check with Maui Expo for the dates in West Maui.

Madison WI
Level Contributor
331 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Kahului Swap Meet

Does the event go on if it rains?

Oregon
Level Contributor
411 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Kahului Swap Meet

Badger, we we were there on a rainy day - it appeared a few vendors were "no shows" but it was open. I really enjoyed it.

10. Re: Kahului Swap Meet

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, March 03, 2015