We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

When are the USA school summer holidays???

London, United...
Level Contributor
98 posts
Save Topic
When are the USA school summer holidays???

Hi,

Hoping someone can help me. Being from the Uk we have very different school summer holiday times. we are off to Hawaii at the beginning of July for two weeks. Im staying at the Grand wailea and heard there are loads of kids during summer time. i dont mind kids but i dont want to be swamped by them. Could someone let me know roughly when the summer holidays are so the girlfriend and i can have an idea of what to expect.

Thanks

Cincinnati, OH
Level Contributor
71 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: When are the USA school summer holidays???

Tubbsy99 - It varies a little across the country - but for the most part the holiday runs from 1st week of June to last week of August. You will definitely have kids at the GW. But it is a huge place so it shouldn't be unbearable. Have a great trip!

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
170 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: When are the USA school summer holidays???

Actually, the American summer break has gotten shorter in recent years, with most districts only having about 9 to 10 weeks off total. But rest assured, they'll *all* be off in early July. Have fun, Tubbsy, and just go with the flow!:-)

I KU MAU MAU
Level Contributor
788 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: When are the USA school summer holidays???

In Hawaii, the kids are generally out end of May/early June and they go back to school in middle of August/early September. If I were looking for a resort with relatively few kids, the Grand would've been my last choice. But you'll be okay. Just have another mai tai and the kids will eventually disappear!