We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maui Kai Condos

Fayetteville...
Level Contributor
1,252 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Maui Kai Condos

We are considering staying at the Maui Kai in a condo owned privately. We particularly like the prices of unit 705 and 1005, and we were wondering if anyone has stayed in one of these units and can give us a review.

Is Maui Kai a nice place for a honeymoon?

Missouri
Level Contributor
58 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Maui Kai Condos

We are going to Maui in June on our HOneymoon and are staying at the Maui Kai. We talked to people that previously rented the condo that we are staying in. They had nothing but great things to say about the Maui Kai and the area that it is in. Not to mention that you can't hardly beat oceanfront condos with air.

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
968 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Maui Kai Condos

I have a reservation for Unit #1008 in June. As the previous post mentioned, only positive reviews are on this web site and in the Maui Revealed book about the complex. I don't think you can go wrong in any of the units, especially with them all being ocean front. On the vrbo website, most of the time there of pictures of the inside of the condo's showing the kitchen, bedroom, lanai, den, etc etc. Have you checked that out?

Fayetteville...
Level Contributor
1,252 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Maui Kai Condos

Yes, I have read the reviews on tripadvisor, which are overwhelmingly great. I know each unit is different and the pictures of the one we are looking at look nice. I am glad to hear that the surrounding area is nice. Thanks for your comments.

Pittsburgh, PA
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Maui Kai Condos

My wife and I plan to celebrate our 20th anniversary in July, and have reserved a corner unit at the Maui Kai. I checked around in several places, and never really got anything but glowing reviews. The "Maui Revealed" review was the icing on the cake. We're looking forward to it, Big Time! Have you read that letter that one of the owners put together about the local environs? She even tells you which fruit stand is best (2nd one on the right if I recall...). Have fun!

Fayetteville...
Level Contributor
1,252 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Maui Kai Condos

No I don't know about the letter, where can I read it?

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
611 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Maui Kai Condos

Csimco, I have been researching the Maui Kai, too, for a trip in April. The price to book through the resort itself is very attractive (5th night free and no cleaning fee). But, we are worried we might end up with a run-down condo, as this building is on the old side. Going through an owner means you can view pics and get an idea of what you're getting. So we're torn about what to do.

I haven't seen units 705 and 1005 advertised anywhere. What source did you use to find them?

Fayetteville...
Level Contributor
1,252 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Maui Kai Condos

Unit 1005 ranges from 140 to 180 a night depending on the season. It is cheaper than going through Maui Kai, and the room looks nice. An even nicer unit, 705, ranges from 165 to 195 depending on the season. There is a top floor corner room that is a very good price as well. I will give you the websites to the three rooms.

1005 is: http://www.chasenrainbows.com/unit_145.html

705 is: http://www.mauiholiday.net/p10000001.html

The top floor corner unit is:

www.vrbo.com/global/siteframe.asp…

I would just copy and paste.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
611 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Maui Kai Condos

Thanks for the info!

California
Level Contributor
199 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Maui Kai Condos

Csimco: The owner that posted the great letter owns #402. Here it the link: http://www.paradiseinmaui.com/welcome.html

I've been staying in that unit for years and you can read my review on that site too.

Have fun and I know you will love the Maui Kai.

Fayetteville...
Level Contributor
1,252 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Maui Kai Condos

You're right, that letter was very helpful.

Thanks, and I'm sure we will enjoy our honeymoon at Maui Kai!