We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maui Travel Services

north carolina
1 post
Save Topic
Maui Travel Services

My family just returned from our first trip to Maui and it was more than we ever dreamed it would be. Our travel agent put us in touch with Sylvia Mayon of Maui Travel Services who happens to live in Greensboro, N.C. just like us. Sylvia lived in Maui for 15 years and knows the island and it's tourism industry very well. She continues to visit the island on a routine basis as she has a residence there also. Sylvia recommend what to do, who to do it with and booked our entertainment for us so that we did not have to spend time to research this and buy tickets after we got there. We had our tickets for shows, dinner cruises and snorkeling excursions in hand before we ever left Greensboro. She provided detailed information about the roads (short cuts), towns, shopping and restuarants. She provided maps with her hand written notes about sites, restuarants and shopping that you could not get anywhere but from someone who has first hand knowledge of the island. She also provided books and DVD's for us to watch at home before we left that educated us about the history, culture and more things to do while on Maui. By the time we landed on Maui and picked up our rental car, we had confidence that we knew exactly where to go and how to get there. The best part about all this information and service is, IT WAS FREE! It did not cost us one cent. Sylvia gets paid a commision by the companies that she books for. All her attention to detail and personal knowledge is provided free of charge and is the greater value. I highly recommend Maui Travel Services to anyone making plans to visit the island of Maui. Time is of the essence when you are in such a beautiful place with so much to see and do and you don't want to waste any time by being lost or unsure of where to go. Sylvia can help you make the most of your trip of a lifetime.

-Dennis Eldridge- Greensboro,N.C.

NC
Level Contributor
71 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Maui Travel Services

I just wanted to add that we also had a wonderful experience with Maui Travel Services. The customer service they provide is superior.

We liked the fact that they are located on the mainland because we could work with Sylvia at hours that were convenient for us (mornings). We didn't have to wait until the afternoon to contact someone on Maui because of the time difference. Just because someone is on Maui doesn't mean they have the experience that Sylvia does or the desire to provide excellent customer service. The Islands are very transient and we met many folks that had only lived there a few months.

I highly recommend Maui Travel Services to anyone interested in booking a trip to Maui. They specialize in vacation rentals and Maui activities but are happy to assist with whatever one needs. You can check them out at www.mauitravelservices.com.

Princeville, Hawaii
Level Contributor
6,977 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Maui Travel Services

Mahalo for the advice, so where's your trip report?

denver, colorado
Level Contributor
9 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Maui Travel Services

My family and I spent 10 wonderful days in Maui in June. We also used Sylvia at Maui Travel Services for booking our condo and a sunset sail. Sylvia's response time is incredible and her attention to detail is very thorough. My only regret is that I didn't seek out more advice from her. She was wonderful to work with.

Mary Ann Travis - Centennial, CO