We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

pricing of car rentals

Molokai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2,121 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
pricing of car rentals

i am doing comparison shopping for a maui car rental for 3 days. a medium sized car rents for 40 or 50.- per day. then i came across enterprise rent-a-car, and i was surprised that they rent them for under 18.- per day. why is the difference? is there something that i should be aware of? they even offer to pick up the driver from his home or office.

Kauai / Los Angeles
Level Contributor
2,004 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: pricing of car rentals

Maybe their cars have barking spiders in them !!

Molokai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2,121 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: pricing of car rentals

not, that deal smells very sweet, don't it? do you have that car rental on kaua'i too, kwils?

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
95 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: pricing of car rentals

In life, we find that you get what you pay for.

Northern California
Level Contributor
166 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: pricing of car rentals

I've rented from them before. Can't remember all the details but I think it was a Honda Accord, and their parking lot is a little bit further away from the terminal. No problems whatsoever.

Molokai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2,121 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: pricing of car rentals

thank you! finally somebody is taking me serious.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
95 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: pricing of car rentals

We are so sorry, didn't mean to be rude, but we were taking you serious. Spend the extra money with a good car rental company and you won't waste your vacation time taking back your "deal" of a rental car when it lets you down.

Buford, Georgia
Level Contributor
3,603 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: pricing of car rentals

Not in Maui, but my daughter had to rent from Enterprise a year ago (just before her 25th birthday). When she showed up for her car, they didn't have any. They did give her a ride to work. After work, they still didn't have a car for her, but did reimburse her for a taxi ride home. The next day, she did finally get a car and an ungrade. This was in Denver.

Kauai / Los Angeles
Level Contributor
2,004 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: pricing of car rentals

Well, there you go Hale. Sounds like Enterprise is a winner. Not sure if you would qualify for an ungrade though.....

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
1,359 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: pricing of car rentals

Nobody ever "qualifies for an upgrade" from a car rental company. The only way you get an upgrade is if the rental company doesn't have the size of car that you reserved and they are forced to give you a better car for the same price.

10. Re: pricing of car rentals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:21 am, August 13, 2009