We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Old Lahaina Luau

La Mirada, CA
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Topic
Old Lahaina Luau

Are there any discounts available for the Old Lahaina Luau? I have an 11 year old and a 2 year old and it kills me to pay $60 for a 2 year old who doesn't eat much. I was just wondering if there is a place to purchase the tickets at a discount or if we just need to pay the full price.

Thanks!

Kelly

Phoenix
Level Contributor
54 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Old Lahaina Luau

OLL doesn't offer any discounts at all. I have done a search on this topic in the forum and everyone has said that OLL doesn't need to, they are very popular.

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
27,040 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Old Lahaina Luau

Kids like luaus with fire knife dancers. OLL does not have one.

Drums of the Pacific at the Hyatt has the best fire knife dancer on Maui.

Feast at Lele is a good luau, but expensive.

Royal Lahaina Luau is a kid favorite because they have a kids menu in addition to the regular luau menu. This is the best value because of coupons available.

Great deal for Roayl Lahaina Luau:

www.activitysaversmaui.com/luaus.php…

indianapolis...
Level Contributor
165 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Old Lahaina Luau

The Royal Lahaina Luau was just right for our 11 and 12 yr olds--they really enjoyed the fire dancers as well as the pretty girls in the show! The food was fine and the show enjoyable. We adults love the Feast at Lele but for a family I think you would feel better paying for the RLL. I believe we were also able to go on family night which is a special deal they offer--Enjoy!

Fresno, California
Level Contributor
186 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Old Lahaina Luau

Aloha!!

For our 2 cents we would recommend the OLL. Here is our post from our website. If you chosse it be sure to make reservations well in advance!

Old Lahaina Luau

The Best luau in Maui!! This luau has been voted the best one on Maui for many years. The show and food are both very good and authentic. Great for the whole family. Reservations required and should be made way in advance. 808-667-0700

Was awarded "Best Luau" in Maui Magazines Readers Choice survey in 2006.

website www.oldlahainaluau.com/

Have a great time on Maui!!

Deannatravel

Myrtle beach
Level Contributor
68 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Old Lahaina Luau

Forget the luau i didnt think it was all that great if i could change what we did i would of took the 90 bucks per person and went to a awsome restuarant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The food is ok the show is ok skip it skip it!!!!

Carlsbad, California
Level Contributor
480 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Old Lahaina Luau

Don't waste your money on the 2 year old. The 11 year old would like it but there is no way a 2 year old can sit still for 2 hour show and it is a buffet so you have to stand in line and there is no little kids food.

Myrtle beach
Level Contributor
68 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Old Lahaina Luau

A 2 year old sit through th OLL?? I could not sit still through it i really did get boring the 9 hr plane ride was more entertaining!!!! Well maybe not but close!!! Save your money and eat good on your trip!!!

Texas
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Old Lahaina Luau

We did the OLL with my wife and two daughters (8&10). I am still trying to decide if it was worth the money. I think if I had to do it over I would find a less expensive one or one that takes coupons and do one with fire dancers...for the kids. The OLL was very nice. I think the best part was the facility and setting. The food was OK...not much better than typical buffet food. I think the kids were kind of board with the show, but I am afraid to ask them for their final opinion after spending all that money. The show was a lot of the same with a lot of history that we nor the kids did not understand. I think it is true that this is one of the most historic and more accurate Luau's and I don't think fire dancing is traditional. However, I never got a "wow" out of the kids, I think they were glad when it was over, and I think a more entertaining Luau would have involved fire dancing.

The OLL seemed more for romantics, honeymooners, etc....although we did not feel out of place with the kids. The 2 year old will have a very hard time sitting through this show

Chandler, AZ
Level Contributor
141 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Old Lahaina Luau

I wasn't too impressed with the OLL. I wish we would have spent a little more $$ and gone to the Feast at LeLe. However, it is a beautiful location and what I did find out is they do a breakfast luau which looks to be more interactive for the kids. I wish we would have done that rather than the dinner. Here's a website I found (http://www.hawaiifun.org/Old+Lahaina+Luau/Ho%27omana%27o.shtml). The feast is called Ho'omana'o.

10. Re: Old Lahaina Luau

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:22 am, August 14, 2009