We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Priceline Hotel Bidding

indianapolis...
Level Contributor
165 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Priceline Hotel Bidding

When bidding for a room, can you specify that you would like ocean view, ocean front as well as 1 bed or 2 beds? I guess I am asking if you are able to specify your wishes as to the type of room you get.

Thanks!

Ronda, North...
Level Contributor
193 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Priceline Hotel Bidding

We booked our hotel in Maui via Priceline and if I remember correctly you tell them how many people will be in your party and from that I suppose they determine how many beds you need. It was only two of us so no big deal. I doubt they would try to put 4 of you in one bed! lol

You can't specify the type of view you want though. We got ocean view at the Sheraton when we originally won but that may have just been luck? It seems like I have read on here where some got the mountain view room from a Priceline bid.

Boston...
Level Contributor
197 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Priceline Hotel Bidding

I believe that it is only hotwire where you can specify the number of people in the room. Priceline is different and you can be out of luck if there is a need for more than 1 bed. Read up on both before you start bidding for a room.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
211 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Priceline Hotel Bidding

You cannot specify any room placement or beds on Priceline. You get the lowest price room available when you check in. I have always been able to get 2 doubles or 1 king etc. once I won the bid and confirmed with the hotel. Sometimes I"ve been upgraded to better rooms if available.

Kansas City, MO
Level Contributor
439 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Priceline Hotel Bidding

look at betterbidding.com and biddingfortravel.com

5. Re: Priceline Hotel Bidding

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 pm, August 15, 2009