We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Preference on car rental companys?

central valley, CA
Level Contributor
19 posts
117 reviews
Save Topic
Preference on car rental companys?

In a couple of weeks we will finally be on the Islands. I had a car rental already set up using the hotel # for a discount. At the time it was a good discount considering all the other discounters. (Hawaii car rentals, costco, etc).

Reading the various Hawaii forums, many of you suggested to check back often as it might be cheaper. Well I finally did check different rentals and there is a sizeable price drop. From roughly $29.00 down to $22.00 a day and on different Islands. And this is booking directly thru the car rental company. I might add that it also does vary as to the time of day. (It might not seem like much but it also drops some of the add on fees).

I had Thrifty and as most of you know, on the BI they mover me over to Dollar. Is one company much better than the other on the different Islands?

Kamloops, Canada
Level Contributor
124 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Preference on car rental companys?

I always book direct with Budget also and I am Fastbreak member so right to the front of the line for me! If you find a good discount code the rates can be just as good booking direct. The only thing I did not like about Discount Hawaii Car Rentals was you could not use Fastbreak which was a deal breaker for me. The one and only time I did not use Fastbreak I waited a VERY long time as the line was huge....never again.

12. Re: Preference on car rental companys?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, April 24, 2014