We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Celebrate our 5th wedding anniv. in July 2006!

mnr
Kansas City, MO.
Level Contributor
155 posts
Save Topic
Celebrate our 5th wedding anniv. in July 2006!

My wife and I were there five years ago and toured three islands. We would like to stay on one island and "chill" this time. We really enjoyed the snorkeling. After reviewing places in Florida, things just haven't worked out for a number of reasons. Is it too late to book a Maui trip now??

Princeville, Hawaii
Level Contributor
7,137 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Celebrate our 5th wedding anniv. in July 2006!

Give it a try. It can't hurt to try. Especailly if you are flexible re when.

Phoenix
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Celebrate our 5th wedding anniv. in July 2006!

It's never too late! Last year we booked about oh.....48 hours before we left :) Saved money too! How long do you want to stay?

Chicagoland
Level Contributor
21,380 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Celebrate our 5th wedding anniv. in July 2006!

You haven't said when you want to visit Maui. If you want to "chill", have you looked for a nice condo on VRBO.com? Look around and get back to us with any questions about specific areas or condos.

DH and I haven't been back to FL (or the Virgin Islands) since we "discovered" Hawaii!

Best wishes on your anniversary!

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
790 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Celebrate our 5th wedding anniv. in July 2006!

It's never too late. Let us know exactly what you are looking for... a lot of us have a guilty little pleasure acting as pro-bono travel agents! :)

Call Jennifer at Great Hawaii Vacations (.com), she was awesome for planning our trip.

South Bend
Level Contributor
243 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Celebrate our 5th wedding anniv. in July 2006!

Never too late! My husband and I booked last minute for our 10th and had a fabulous time. Check out the Hooilo House (hooilohouse.com) for an extremely romantic and relaxing place to stay. They just opened up a new room so they have some availability in July. They are about 10 minutes from Lahaina and from some good snorkeling spots (Black Rock is our favorite - pay the valet $5 at the Sheraton to park your car).

mnr
Kansas City, MO.
Level Contributor
155 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Celebrate our 5th wedding anniv. in July 2006!

Thanks everyone for the tips!! We've been hard at it looking at different places to stay. We're still wanting to come in July.

I haven't checked out vrbo.com yet (just this site). Is it a reliable site?

I will also check out great Hawaii vacations and Hooilo House too.

That one sounds like a B&B.

My friends here say to check out the Hyatt and the Westin.

Well, back to "work"! : ]

South Bend
Level Contributor
243 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Celebrate our 5th wedding anniv. in July 2006!

Hooilo House is a B&B, but not like your typical one. Check out the website and you'll see what I mean. Each room very secluded and the private outdoor shower and lanai cannot be beat! Also the hosts, Dan and Amy, are extremely helpful and yet not intrusive. It's our new favorite place to stay.

St. Louis,MO
Level Contributor
1,395 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Celebrate our 5th wedding anniv. in July 2006!

I had less than 2 weeks to plan for our Maui trip. My husband had a business trip in Honolulu and we deided to go for it and make a real vacation out of it. I also agree with the other poster in reference to calling Jennifer at Great Hawaii Vacations. She was awsome! Run out and get your copy of Maui Revealed (okay people let's not get our panties in ruffle. Hence, this book has been contraversial in other discussions). I found it to be the most helpful of all resources out there for finding prime snorkeling spots in South Maui. Have fun. Those tradewinds will feel like paradise after enduring our midwest heat and oppressive humidity!

Ronda, North...
Level Contributor
193 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Celebrate our 5th wedding anniv. in July 2006!

We tried booking the Hooilo House a few months in advance but it was unfortunately booked up for our stay. Definitely would have loved to give them a try sometime later though, looks very nice. I would strongly suggest checking out availability and reserving now if you are serious.

We did end up staying at the Sheraton and loved it. We have a great room (ocean front deluxe) and it was right off Black Rock so we had fabulous views and even saw some sea turtles from the yard behind building 6 down in the water! I would recommend the Sheraton as a place to stay as well.

Good luck!

10. Re: Celebrate our 5th wedding anniv. in July 2006!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:13 pm, June 03, 2006