We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Luau

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Topic
Best Luau

What do you all think is the best Luau to go to in Maui?

Arizona
Level Contributor
213 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Luau

We chose the Feast at Lele for our luau when we go. We realize it's not "authentic Hawaiian", but for us the fact that it wasn't really that "kid" friendly was a plus. To have your own table for two and a 5 course meal sounded like heaven to us! Each course is from a different culture, Samoan, Tahitian, etc and is followed by a dance from that culture. We are really looking forward to it.

If it is true Hawaiian culture your looking for we understand that the Old Lahaina Luau is the best on the island.....they have the imu ceremony (digging up the roasted pig), a craft area to look through before dinner. It's a buffet type meal and you can either sit on the ground or on long tables with lots of people.....which ever one you choose, have fun!!

Texas
Level Contributor
546 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Luau

I've only been to the Old Lahaina Luau and enjoyed it. It is probably the best on Maui, a second best on all the islands. The best is Paradise Cove on Oahu. IMHO

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Luau

Ok. Cool. I have been to the Paradise Cove in Oahu and that was fun. Thanks for the replies!

Fresno, California
Level Contributor
186 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Luau

Aloha!!

We agere with OLL!! We have been several times. Here is a post from our website.

Old Lahaina Luau

The Best luau in Maui!! This luau has been voted the best one on Maui for many years. The show and food are both very good and authentic. Great for the whole family. Reservations required and should be made way in advance. 808-667-0700

Was awarded "Best Luau" in Maui Magazines Readers Choice survey in 2006.

Have great fun on Maui.

Deannatravel

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
745 posts
552 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Luau

we went to both Feast at Lele and the Old Lahaina Luau. I have to say that I much prefered the OLL. For both, we had excellent seats because I booked very early (6 months in advance). Be aware that at the Feast at Lele, people can see the same performance from the restaurant behind the Feast's grounds and from the beach (for free!!) without paying more than $100 per person. Lava flows were good, but the food did not impress me. If I were to go back, I would just get dinner at the restaurant behind the Feast and watch the performance just the same.

The Old Lahaina Luau was fabulous. It is its own separate village by the ocean, with arts and crafts, places to take professional photos (they had that at the Feast as well), a large stage, etc. We loved the show, learned to do the hula, tried poi and watched the unearthing of the pig. The drinks were not as good as at the Feast, but, as a whole, the experience was much better.

If I had to pick one, I would recommend OLL.

Boston
13 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Luau

Is it better to sit on the mat or at the table? It will be just me and my husband there on our honeymoon.

Albuquerque (Maui)
Level Contributor
235 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Luau

We enjoyed the Feast very much...but we did notice that the folks who had window seats at the restaurant behind us had a pretty good view of the show...ha....but I bet they spent quite a bit at the eatery anyway....

Ronda, North...
Level Contributor
193 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Luau

We did the OLL last week during our stay and I loved it. The food was good and the drinks were as well. We had thought about doing the Feast at LeLe as it seemed more "adult" but now that I'm thinking about it I don't remember seeing any kids hardly at the OLL. I'm sure they were there, just didn't notice them with all that was going on.

The show at OLL is good too. No fire dancing if you were wanting to see that however. I knew they would not have that so no big deal for me, just wanted to make sure you were aware of this beforehand too!

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
26,191 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Luau

No fire knife dancing at OLL. That is reason enough to go to any other luau with a fire knife dancer.

Drums of the Pacific at the Hyatt has the best fire knife dancer on Maui.

Royal Lahaina Luau is probably the best value. Lots of coupons available for this luau.

Maui
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Best Luau

Old Lahaina Luau