We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boat Dives?

Utah
Level Contributor
134 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Boat Dives?

Any recommendations? Does Trillogy cater to the snorkler more than the diver? Sounds like a fun day, but they don't have much scuba info.

Thanks,

Rebecca

Minneapolis, MN
Level Contributor
39 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boat Dives?

Hands down B&B Scuba, although they are the only company we dove through in Maui. They leave out of Kihei.

From my previous post:

I just got back from my honeymoon to Maui and had to put up this post. We dove two days with B & B Scuba. They were phenomenal! The first day was my first "real" open water dive (after the open water certification dive I did last year in Minnesota). Needless to say, I was nervous. Brad was the divemaster (there were only six divers on the boat the first day) and made me feel TOTALLY comfortable. We dove the back wall of Molokini and I was still nervous (as this is supposed to be for advanced divers), but my nerves disappeared after 5 seconds underwater. Brad held my hand the entire time. The dive continued and I got more comfortable and even released my death grip after awhile!

We went to a different dive spot after that and I held my new husband's hand instead (I think this made my husband happy). Brad pointed out different sea life to us that we would have never seen otherwise.

B&B Scuba was great. Most of the people on the boat were locals and you could tell Brad, Bill (Captain), and Blessie really enjoy diving. They answered our questions without sounding annoyed or like they have answered them 100s of times before (even though they likely had). They had great snacks too! I loved the chocolate chip cookies!

Overall, we did NOT feel like tourists when we were with B&B. Other people rave about Mike Severns and Prodiver, but I just don't see how the others could be any better.

B&B is the best! Go with them!!!