We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help! Newbee and headed to Maui for 5 days next week!

Utah
Level Contributor
134 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Help! Newbee and headed to Maui for 5 days next week!

Doing the happy dance! We booked last minute vacation to Maui next Thursday for 5 days. Arriving at 3pm-Departing Maui Red Eye on Monday. Staying in Kauhale Makai Resortquest in Kihei.

Yikes I am feeling a little overwhelmed about making the most of this our first trip to Maui. So much to see and do. What can we see in such a short time. Would like make the most of the Maui experience. Please help!

Thanks,

Rebecca

ps we are also scuba (open water) certified.

Myrtle beach
Level Contributor
68 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help! Newbee and headed to Maui for 5 days next week!

hey rebecca we are head to maui on the 19th ... cant wait either!!! This is the first time we have ever been to maui and so we decided to book a luau( OOL) the next day after we arrive in maui. We also are doing the blue hawaiian helicopter tour and I am goign to risk my self and do the power hang gliding at Hana Airport!! other than that we didnt book anything else we are going to go to a bunch of nice ( overpriced) restaurants and do the raod to Hana. The sunrise on the Volcano is a must! We bought snorkle gear and plan on doing a lot of snorkling at different locations around maui! Heck we are going to Maui just relax and enjoy the area the food and yourselfs!!!!! Have a great trip!!!!!

Utah
Level Contributor
134 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help! Newbee and headed to Maui for 5 days next week!

I can hardly wait. Would like to do the OLL but no avail. until July (major bummer...are there any scalpers roaming around lol). Any other Luau's to recommend?

Rebecca

Princeville, Hawaii
Level Contributor
6,974 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help! Newbee and headed to Maui for 5 days next week!

Don't say " Help" say Hurray. Run out and buy a guidebook and check this site for scuba , book one,and have a great time.

Fayetteville...
Level Contributor
1,252 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help! Newbee and headed to Maui for 5 days next week!

Everyone is going to have their favorites, so you'll have to pick from the most recommended things to do. If I were to visit Maui for the first time for 5 days knowing what I know now, this would be my must do's.

1 day completely dedicated to the Road to Hana. Leave at 7:00 a.m at the latest and head back just before dark. Have dinner when you get back and relax.

1 day playing at Palaua Beach in Wailea. Its more secluded and less crowded and absolutely beautiful. After a day at the beach make sure to go see a luau! We went to OLL and agree with the masses...its great!

1 morning to see the sunrise at Haleakala. Then you would have the rest of the day to do water activities if you didn't want to do the bike ride.

Take a day to explore the west side of Maui. Drive all the way around past the blow hole and Olivine Pools...don't turn around because its a beautiful and unique drive.

And if its your type of thing, I would recommend a day to tour over Hana and Haleakala in a helicopter.

Evening things to do are of course the luau, but also if you go to Front Street in Lahaina around 6:00 you will find lots of fun places to eat and party! Also, we love to sit out on the beach at night, because you are usually alone and it is extremely romantic!!!

Have fun!!

You'll have time to do more than you think.

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
26,168 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Help! Newbee and headed to Maui for 5 days next week!

Things I liked:

Road to Hana, Haleakala sunrise, Iao Valley, strolling Lahaina

Drums of the Pacific at the Hyatt has the best fire knife dancer on Maui.

Royal Lahaina Luau is also a good show. May be the best value as there are lote of coupons available for this.

Lots of info:

www.gohawaii.com

www.mauihawaii.org

www.thisweek.com 'This Week on Maui' XXX

www.spotlighthawaii.com 'Maui Gold' XXX

www.101thingstodo.com '101 Things to do on Maui' XXX

XXX - These also have free hard copy brochures you can pick up at airport baggage area and other places on Maui. Lots of info & coupons.

www.hawaiiweb.com

www.alternative-hawaii.com

www.hawaiiactivities.com

www.hawaiifun.org