We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

maui - puamana

tucson
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
maui - puamana

I am going to maui in june, staying at the puamana townhomes. Anyone stayed there before?

tucson
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: maui - puamana

Well mabye we will see you around the property.

tucson
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: maui - puamana

Minibar - Found my reservations, we are in 216. It looks like we are about 4 down from you.

Phx. Arizona
Level Contributor
72 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: maui - puamana

wojo.. Just looked at my map and you are just a short distance from us. We arrive at the airport around 2:00 P.M. Hopefully the place won't be to hard to find. WIll be looking forward to seeing you. It will be our first time to the islands, and am getting so excited.

tucson
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: maui - puamana

We might be seeing you in Costco then. We get in around 2:30. I think the townhomes wont be (hopefully) too hard to find. If you get to Lahaina you've gone 1/2 too far.

Did you get a rental car yet. I got an email from alamo with deals. I got a minivan for the week (saturday afternoon to saturday night) for $300.00.

Here is the linhttp://www.alamo.com/index.do?action=hotDealsTemplate.do&hdnon=051006&msg=AL_OrLessk in case you are interested:

tucson
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: maui - puamana

That should say 1/2 mile too far.

Phx. Arizona
Level Contributor
72 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: maui - puamana

We got our mini van and jeep thur Discount Hawaii Carrental for about the same price, but it is with Thrifty. We will be leaving Maui Friday night around 11:00. I rented an extra day so we would have a place to stay before that late night flight. Check out time is a 11.00 AM so we didn't want to wander around with no place to park our butts. LOL. I printed out a map I got off Google so I won't get lost.

tucson
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: maui - puamana

Thanks for the info on the rental company. I think I will go with them too. They are a little more expensive than Alamo, but they don't charge for extra drivers, Alamo wants $8.00 per day for EACH additional driver, and with 7 people, you definitely want to have more than 1 driver.

Phx. Arizona
Level Contributor
72 posts
Save Reply
18. Re: maui - puamana

I have read bad things about Alamo in Maui. I use them when we travel on the mainland. Go back a fews weeks on the TA and see what people have to say about them. Budget is also another one with bad reviews.

California
Level Contributor
71 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: maui - puamana

Hi MrsMinibar -

We're the family that checks in right after you in unit 272! How cool! I haven't been on TA for a few weeks and thought I'd check out some of the trip reports! Got alot of catching up to do, and have a bunch of questions. Are you about ready to go? Did you book any excursions yet? The only thing we booked was our Luau. We just can't decide on going to Molokini or Lanai for a day snorkeling trip!

We'd love to do 3 activities, and debate about going to Hana, or even halfway there! What activities do you have planned?

Also, do you know if the unit has a bbq grill? I hope so! Also, it looks like its quite a walk to the Lahaina walk-thru gate, if its way at the south end. Hopefully it's walking distance. That's one of the reasons I rented here - Less parking and driving!! Let me know how it's going for you. I e-mailed you a few months ago, but you may not have received it.....

Have fun getting ready to go!!!!

Phx. Arizona
Level Contributor
72 posts
Save Reply
20. Re: maui - puamana

Welcome back 1godchick!!! We are getting so excited, it has been so long since we planned this trip. Yes they do have a BBQ, you have to buy that charchol that lights itselt. " Matchlight" I think. I hope we don't have to walk a very long ways either to get to Lahaina. I know we are at the end of the property.. Have OLL planned on the 13th and a trip on the Paragon to Lanai . I didn't get your e mail. Try again at

judydan8612@hotmail.com