We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

need recommendations for a large place (4-5 br) with a pool

Waterloo, Canada
Level Contributor
128 posts
1 review
Save Topic
need recommendations for a large place (4-5 br) with a pool

but preferrably not in upcountry. Would like Ka'anapali area but Wailea/Makena ok too.

(not that we don't LOVE upcountry but with the whole gang there, would be easier to be closer to the nice beaches.)

Our budget is $1000 - $1500/night and this is Dec 27-Jan 6 (seems that most places double their prices over the holidays!!)

TIA

The Gregoires

new Jersey
Level Contributor
87 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: need recommendations for a large place (4-5 br) with a pool

Embassy suites in kaanapalli,they have super big suites and a great pool,all close to front st,where all the shops are.300-400 a night.Good Luck

Chicagoland
Level Contributor
21,384 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: need recommendations for a large place (4-5 br) with a pool

If you can't find anything on VRBO.com, try a large realtor on Maui. Get cracking. This is a very popular time on Maui! You might get a house rental referral from one of the condo rental agents like www.crhmaui.com

Spokane, WA
Level Contributor
1,429 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: need recommendations for a large place (4-5 br) with a pool

Try your search on VRBO.com. You can find some very nice houses for rent. I personally know someone with a very nice house upcountry in Kula, but I don't know how often they rent it out. The vacation rentals site above has a lot of nice houses and many do have pools. Hope this helps.

Waterloo, Canada
Level Contributor
128 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: need recommendations for a large place (4-5 br) with a pool

Thanks all. Yeah, we are on it as we speak (wanna get something booked ASAP) and we are looking at homes (as opposed to condos or hotels). I haven't read very good things about the Embassy Suites.

Have been looking on vrbo and thanks for the other suggestion!

The Gregoires