We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunset cruise

norman, ok
Level Contributor
267 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Sunset cruise

For all of the local experts. Who do you recommend for a sunset cruise. Don't mind a bigger boat and would prefer not to load from the beach.

norman, ok
Level Contributor
267 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunset cruise

"?"

S.F. Bay Area
Level Contributor
3,007 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunset cruise

Gemini, Teralani & Paragon all come highly recommended - the Maui crew all have their particular favorites. Teralani offers discount dinner sailings that are available at Costco Maui & via costco.com (link below). All embark out of Ka'anapali.

costco.com/Teralani-Dinner-Sail.product.1166…

Paragon leaves out of Lahaina Harbor & may be more conducive to your criteria -- they have a pretty incredible & fast vessel, I've never sailed with them, so perhaps others can chime in or check their reviews. LInk:

http://www.sailmaui.com/sunset.htm

Aloha, NKO

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,058 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunset cruise

As NKO said Paragon would be your best bet if you don't want to load from the beach....but that really isn't that hard.

Iowa
Level Contributor
9,341 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunset cruise

We like Paragon, usually a small, quiet group. The food and drinks are pretty good and there is enough to make a meal if you chose to do so. Sitting under the billowing white sails with the setting sun shining on the West Maui mountains is blissful. My avatar picture is from Paragon sunset sail.

Edited: 9:02 am, September 30, 2012
Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
43,540 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunset cruise

You may want to check out a few that leave from south Maui also. They all board from the pier in Maalaea Harbor.

Plymouth, Michigan
Level Contributor
731 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sunset cruise

We recently experienced Paragon and had a very nice time and would not hesitate to recommend their service. Entry to the cat was from the docs at Lahaina.

We saw the Teralani Cat there as well thinking that would have been an option. The Costco coupon noted above also indicates three locations including Lahaina, however, this is no longer the case (called them just now to verify).

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
127 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sunset cruise

We went with teralani when we were there in september...check out our review in the reviews section for pics and useful info.

We would highly reccomend them.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
217 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sunset cruise

We went with Pacific Whale Foundation which left from Ma'alaea Harbor. I became ill and didn't get to go on the cruise, but my two friends enjoyed it immensely and brought back some stupendous pictures. They are more than willing to do it again next year so that I can enjoy the experience. We had also wanted a bigger boat, so that was a factor in our decision.

I will note that we did not take the cruise the night that Marty Dread played. Although I know he is a popular musician, I'm not sure he would have been our style. Finally, my friends remarked that it was terribly windy on the cruise. The Captain told them that Ma'alaea Harbor is the second windiest in the world. If the winds were considerably less if we'd have left from West Maui, I think I'd consider one of the popular often-mentioned cruises (leaving from there) for that reason alone. Wind may be a factor regardless; not sure. Good luck!

9. Re: Sunset cruise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, December 14, 2013