We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

God I'm so glad I asked!!

Spokane
Level Contributor
116 posts
1 review
Save Topic
God I'm so glad I asked!!

I have been to Maui 7 times and I have never been as excited or prepared as I am this time because of this forum. Thanks so much for all the imput. Esp. the "god, I'm so glad I brought that with me" answers. I have been reading and placing items in my "to pack" area for 2 weeks now. Thanks to all!

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: God I'm so glad I asked!!

Sommer.......I LOVE my cooler one! It's really great!!

I'm not worried about it living up to my dreams....I KNOW it will!! My mouth is already watering at the thought of that first Lava Flow on the beach! (oh, yeah, and gazing into DH's baby blues, listening to the waves crash and NOT hearing anything at all resembling, "Mom!!! He just........fill in the blanks.....!!!")

My current nightmares are of the "Will I ever get in all done and organized before we leave???" variety. Two weeks is a long time without the kiddies!

Time had better just ssssllllllllllooooooooowwwwww down a bit or it will be June before I know it and it will all be a distant memory!

San Clemente, CA
Level Contributor
2,597 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: God I'm so glad I asked!!

trojans#1- Thank you! I am really not worried on a conscious level, but everyone keeps saying "it will be over so fast," so it somehow sunk in and materialized as a hideous nightmare! :) I planned our dinners (where we would eat) so we could watch sunset every day and enjoy the Happy Hours. I did make a few dinner reservations at the "popular" places so we would not have to wait around and so we could get ocean views.

Where do you like to have Happy Hour on the West side?

Carlsbad, California
Level Contributor
480 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: God I'm so glad I asked!!

Herbalgirl

Hula Grill-Barefoot bar

Kimo's

The street in front of BJ's Pizza has awesome sunsets-great place for sunset pictures of the family

San Clemente, CA
Level Contributor
2,597 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: God I'm so glad I asked!!

Perfect- thanks! We have plans to go to the Barefoot Bar for sunset drinks and pupus. We will be in Lahaina for only 3 nights- going to OLL and Pacific'o and Sansei. I think we will go to Sansei after the early bird special, so we can catch one more sunset first!

San Clemente, CA
Level Contributor
2,597 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: God I'm so glad I asked!!

Perfect- thanks! We have plans to go to the Barefoot Bar for sunset drinks and pupus. We will be in Lahaina for only 3 nights- going to OLL and Pacific'o and Sansei. I think we will go to Sansei after the early bird special, so we can catch one more sunset first!

Carlsbad, California
Level Contributor
480 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: God I'm so glad I asked!!

Herbalgirl

Great sunset photo spots on the beach at OLL.

Sensai sushi in Kapalula does not have sunset or ocean views. Great sushi you might want to eat at the bar if it is a long wait. We had a great bar tender last year that ordered us all the secret rolls not on the menu that were to die for!!!!!

San Clemente, CA
Level Contributor
2,597 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: God I'm so glad I asked!!

trojan- We love sushi! I had heard that there was no view so that's why we will probably skip the 25% off special and go later.

Thanks for the great info! :)

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
773 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: God I'm so glad I asked!!

Is there a LuLu's on Maui, speaking of fun places to have dinner while the sun sets? I loved the one on the Big Island a few years ago...

Herbal- as soon as you step off the plane, start this regimen:

Take three to six lava flows daily, repeat as necessary. This slows down the time you spend in Hawaii... and never, I repeat, NEVER, ask how much each one costs, as in CIncinnati I could buy an acre of land for the cost of 10 lave flows... :)

Ooooh, I love having a place to share the excitement. My fiance is wonderful, but his idea of planning for our honeymoon is giving me the credit card and remembering to pack clean undies the night before (ok, hopefully not the night before, as our reception will be in full swing and I don't want his mind on HIS panties... I digress)... anyways, MAUI.

Maui. Maui. Maui. Hours, Herbal, hours...

San Clemente, CA
Level Contributor
2,597 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: God I'm so glad I asked!!

sommerlovin- I will be sipping many cocktails with little umbrellas for sure. Not sure about the Lava Flows (will try one) but I am down with the Sassy Wahine and the Mai Tai! :) Trust me, no sugar has passed these lips in many moons so I am pretty excited! Less than 48 hrs! (I just picked up my Aloha dress from the alteration guy seconds ago!)

San Clemente, CA
Level Contributor
2,597 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: God I'm so glad I asked!!

4Texsons- You can do it! You deserve a break from the kids. Just make To Do lists and do a bit each day. If you are a mom, you know how! :)