We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maui in October

Oklahoma
Level Contributor
24 posts
6 reviews
Maui in October

I was wondering if anyone could tell me if October is a good time to go to Maui. We went in June 2 years ago and was curious if the temps, weather, and everything else would be similar. This trip is just a get away with nothing special in mind other than the usual snorkeling and such. We're kind of set on October due to the anniversary of a family loss. We're trying to decide if Maui would be good or if we should go somewhere else.

Thanks in advance

San Jose,ca
Level Contributor
406 posts
12 reviews
1. Re: Maui in October

Have been many times in October and it's a great time to go. Still warm and sunny but without all the crowds. If there was any rain, it would just be a passing shower or it would just rain overnight.

I'd go for it if I were you.

Durham, NC
Level Contributor
399 posts
1 review
2. Re: Maui in October

We were there in October 2005 and it was wonderful. We liked it so much we went back four months later in Feb. The weather was much nicer in Oct., but you never know. Maui will be beautiful in October. We would definately go back in October.

S. Big Valley, Ca
Level Contributor
267 posts
3. Re: Maui in October

I believe the water temps are warmer also.

T

Oklahoma
Level Contributor
24 posts
6 reviews
4. Re: Maui in October

Wow thanks for all the quick and great help!

Illinois
Level Contributor
954 posts
45 reviews
5. Re: Maui in October

Hi Marty!

We have gone in October 2003, 2004 and 2005, and the weather has always been beautiful. We will be in Maui again this October.

Our wedding anniversary is in October, but it also is the anniversary of a really tragic family loss (my two nephews were killed in an car accident). The accident happened a few days before our anniversary, and it ended up that their funeral was actually on my anniversary. It happened 9 years after our wedding, and 7 years have passed since then, but it still makes the day a bit sad.

I can tell you from experience that Maui is a good place to be on an anniversary like that. Think good thoughts and remember good times!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
84 posts
6. Re: Maui in October

We went to Kauai, Oahu, and Maui for our honeymoon Oct 2004 and Maui was by far the best weather of all 3 islands with perfectly sunny days our entire 5 day stay!

Going back this July and hoping for the same weather!

Oklahoma
Level Contributor
24 posts
6 reviews
7. Re: Maui in October

jbillin-

Thanks for the insight from that personal perspective. Lost my brother on haloween so looking for something different to do then. I was wondering if it would help and seems it did for you so I feel better about going.

Florence, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Oregon Coast
Level Contributor
6,089 posts
19 reviews
8. Re: Maui in October

Were were there November 9-16, 2005 and I cannot imagine the weather being any better. Lows from 65-68; highs 80-85 everyday.

Kenike

Level Contributor
599 posts
3 reviews
9. Re: Maui in October

We spent three weeks there last October for our honeymoon (We got married in June) and it was beautiful. Hubby picked the timing of the trip and said that it was his favorite time of year on island when he lived there as a teenager. Less crowded and still beautiful weather. We went in March of this year for a quick trip and although the island is ALWAYS fantastic, I would pick October again in a heartbeat. Then agian, I don't have much else to compare it to.

I was still greiving from the tragic loss of my dad, and was worried that it would be difficult for me to fully appreciate the beauty of the island when I was having a hard time getting out of bed back here at home. I decided to take some of my dad's ashes with me to Maui and scatter them here and there as a way for me to cope. This is a tradition in our family to scatter some ashes wherever we are, when we think of the person and think that they would have enjoyed the moment.

I can proudly say that my daddy is ALL OVER Maui. This was probably one of the most healing things that I have ever done. Although sadness snuck in every now and then, most of the scatterings happened with a smile on my face and a hope in my heart that he was looking down on me at those moments and smiling.

Grief is a journey and one that although can be heartbreaking, I think it should be embraced.

I'm sorry for your loss and hope that your trip to Maui will bring some happy memories in the future as well as some happy memories from you past.

Illinois
Level Contributor
954 posts
45 reviews
10. Re: Maui in October

That is so nice! It's hard to be sad in Maui, and I choose to remember the happy times, not the funeral. That I want to block out forever!