We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kaanapali Beach Luau

Woodbury, MN
Level Contributor
87 posts
1 review
Kaanapali Beach Luau

Wondering if anyone has been to this luau and how you liked it? I realize it is one of the (if not the) cheapest luaus on the island, but I am hoping that it still a decent luau. There will be 4 of us including my 2 boys, ages 10 & 9. We are just looking for some different ways to experience Maui without breaking the bank and if I can do a luau for $150 vs. $400 we would like that. Also, where exactly does this luau take place?? Thanks!

Maui
Level Contributor
71,034 posts
18 reviews
1. Re: Kaanapali Beach Luau

Aloha,

This is actually the Royal Lahaina's luau.

I would look instead to see if the Hyatt has a discount deal going, they often have a kid free with each paying adult ticket. It is a much better luau.

Another option would be to skip a luau altogether. Go enjoy the free hula shows that are around!

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
29,163 posts
2. Re: Kaanapali Beach Luau

Kaanapali Beach Luau is probably going to be the Royal Lahaina Luau.

I few years ago, I called the company that books the Kaanapali Beach Luau and asked them what luau it was.

Their answer was Royal Lahaina Luau unless it is sold out. Then they will send you to a different one.

But 99.9% chance it will be the Royal Lahaina Luau.

And if I was taking kids that age, it would be my choice.

It's not as good as others, but much better on the pocketbook.

And they have a kids menu in addition to the typical luau menu.

If you book through Royal Lahaina Luau, you may be able to get your kids in free.

Though sometimes in the summer they don't do this.

Rio Rancho, New...
Level Contributor
4 posts
57 reviews
3. Re: Kaanapali Beach Luau

I don't think it's the Royal Lahaina Luau. As a matter of fact, it's a fairly new luau. Here's a link: mauihawaiiluau.com/kaanapalibeachluau.php

Edited: 3:18 pm, August 30, 2012
Rio Rancho, New...
Level Contributor
4 posts
57 reviews
4. Re: Kaanapali Beach Luau

Here's a link to the Royal Lahaina Luau. Very similar, but a different luau than the Kaanapali Beach Luau.

hawaiidiscount.com/maui/…royal-lahaina.htm

Rio Rancho, New...
Level Contributor
4 posts
57 reviews
5. Re: Kaanapali Beach Luau

Biggest difference in the two (other than the location - Kaanapali Beach Luau is at the Kaanapali Beach Club and Royal Lahaina Luau is at Oceanfront Luau Gardens at Royal Lahaina Resort) is the Royal Lahaina Resort has a "Full Open Bar" and the Kaanapali Beach Luau gives you one free drink and you pay for any additional. Hiccup! Cheers!

Rio Rancho, New...
Level Contributor
4 posts
57 reviews
6. Re: Kaanapali Beach Luau

Well, (she says while munching on giant crow) I'm wrong. This particular luau is the Royal Lahaina Luau. I had it confused with a luau that is held at Kaanapali Beach Club, which is where we usually stay. The other facts are correct, just not the location. Sorry.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
389 posts
42 reviews
7. Re: Kaanapali Beach Luau

Same question, so bumping thread. I can't find info at Kaanapali Beach Club on their luau, but it is clearly not the Royal Lahaina.

Maui
Level Contributor
71,034 posts
18 reviews
8. Re: Kaanapali Beach Luau

Aloha,

I don't believe KBC is doing a luau these days.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
389 posts
42 reviews
9. Re: Kaanapali Beach Luau

On further research I guess it is the Royal Lahaina, just $28 less. :)

Maui
Level Contributor
71,034 posts
18 reviews
10. Re: Kaanapali Beach Luau

Aloha,

I would rather go to the Hyatt any day than the RL's luau. It's not that much more-check their website for deals, too, and it is MUCH nicer than RL's.