We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with accomodation selection & use of beach area

Allentown...
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Topic
Help with accomodation selection & use of beach area

I am reading a ton of the lack of beach area for certain accomodations. From websites & travel brochures, it appears that if it states beachfront & is located on the beach, there is usable beach area.

I am looking for an on the beach hotel/condo that there is enough sand area to lay out, and enough distance to actually walk quite a ways without "roadblocks". Based on a budget (awaiting 1st child), I'd had it narrowed down to Resort Quest Kaanapali Shores, Mahana at Kaanapali, and the Outrigger Royal Kahana.

Please help...wanting to leave in 6 weeks!!!

washington state
Level Contributor
3,006 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with accomodation selection & use of beach area

The Mahana is great for a beachfront location but the beach is not a good swimming beach. We stayed there a few years and loved it but then started staying in Wailea and Kihei because we prefer the beaches and there are more affordable options in Kihei on good swimming beaches.

If you want a great beachfront unit that's a bargain on an awesome beach try Sugar Beach Resort. Try VRBO for owner direct rentals or Alii Resorts in south Maui. I like the two because that way you can view your unit interior. The pool area is oceanfront and remodeled, very nice. There are some other complexes on the the same stretch of beach that look very nice, Kihei Beachfront Resort, Kealia and Maalaea Surf.

We also like Ekahi Village in Wailea and Hale Pau Hana in south Kihei.