We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best dinner cruise?

Swanton, Vermont
Level Contributor
57 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Best dinner cruise?

Heading to Maui in February, and my husband really wants to do a dinner cruise. What's the best one, not a booze cries, and preferably no buffet?

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,165 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best dinner cruise?

Sorry there is not one dinner cruise I would recommend...I prefer not wearing my dinner!

We really enjoy the sunset sails with drinks and pupus that leave from Kaanapali Beach, Teralani, Trilogy and Gemini.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
44,331 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best dinner cruise?

Please tell you husband the dinner cruises are just money markers for those who do them. I went on one, never again. The food is mediocre, the ambiance is not existent. There really aren't any booze cruises on Maui but the cocktail and pupu cruises are wonderful.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
79 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best dinner cruise?

Sorry bettyVermont, but I have to agree with the 2 other posts. We went the PWF sunset dinner cruise April 2011. The food was not good at all. Over $200. Sunsets from a nice restaurant taste better : ). We have taken a sunset sail, that was nice. No food or drinks just the view. America's II is the one we went on. Actually have been on that sail boat a few times. Enjoy your trip. Aloha!

Milwaukie, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,008 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best dinner cruise?

We were on a dinner cruise last night...the Pride of Maui sailing out of Maalaea Harbor. Our expectations (low) regarding the food were met.

We picked this cruise because we could walk to the boat from our condo in Maalaea. The only other choice from here was a sunset cruise by Pacific Whale Foundation and we knew that would be more crowded.

It was a lovely night out on the calm water. Saw a few whales and an amazing sunset. My favorite aspect, though, was watching the lights twinkling along the shoreline and up on the mountain slopes. My second favorite aspect was not falling on other passengers as I lurched around the moving deck trying to get the best photos!

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
49,492 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best dinner cruise?

Aloha,

LOL, I think Barbara just nailed the dinner cruise issues (regarding low expectations)!

Skip it..........ugh.

Swanton, Vermont
Level Contributor
57 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best dinner cruise?

Thanks so much for your candid advice. Based on this, we've decided to skip it totally. We've been to Maui a number of times, and know lots of great restaurants with sunset views. We'll choose one of those instead!

7. Re: Best dinner cruise?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, February 26, 2013